_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Never heard of Formaplane
bigal07
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 887 posts
AeroScale: 31 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 - 08:01 AM UTC
Forma Plane Nieuport 12 WW1 Aircraft. 1:72 - is an open bid for £5.00 and I have never come across this brand before, does anyone know anything about this model kit, and is it any good. Thank you.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 - 09:00 AM UTC
Here is a bit of fun on Our day in the sun.

". . .I remember the dark days after 1966. Airfix, Aurora, MPC, FROG, Revell, with some minor exceptions, all seemed to aim their kit productions away from WWI aviation subjects of any scale . Fortunately the old Profile Publication issues were still in print. They covered many types of aviation subjects. Then it was the fledgling cottage industries that gave us vacuform kits, slush molding and resin castings that kept alive the interest in modeling subjects of First World War aviation. These were Veeday, Merlin (both run by Vagn Espensen), Pegasus/ Blue Max (Chris Gannon), Classic Plane (D. Schörsch), Formaplane of London, By-Planes (Pamela Veal), Rareplanes of Canada, AirFrame (John Tarvin), CramerCraft and countless others all gave us a steady stream of ‘historic plastic.’ One of the premier companies at this time was of course Contrail, part of Gordon Sutcliffe Productions, Somerset, England. They were using female molds to draw the heated plastic into their recesses. This allowed for more detail to be represented on outside surfaces than was seen on vacuforms made with male molds. Now as we have entered the new century, vacuforms tend to be passe to most modelers. While they seem to have been replaced by the use of resin/ rubber vulcanizing or low pressure, short-run injection molding there are still several superb companies that manufacture high quality vacuform kits. Long live multimedia !!!

Formaplane was a vacuform company that used female molds. Mostly 1:72. Good kits.
 _GOTOTOP