_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Roden Alb. W.4 help
bigal07
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 887 posts
AeroScale: 31 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 16, 2010 - 09:10 AM UTC
Hello there, knowing nothing about the following, could someone please tell me about this model - Roden 1:72 WW1 Albatros W.4 Float Plane - is it a straight forward build, are those floats a pain to keep in position while waiting for the glue to dry. Airfix and Revell is my basic knowledge of model aircraft, and even that ends at 1:48 scale.
Look forward to a reply.
badwolf
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 79 posts
AeroScale: 75 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 16, 2010 - 10:52 AM UTC
Hi Alec, i don't know to much about the Roden W4 as i built the Pegasus one a number of years back and it wasn't an easy kit to build, size wise and decals etc, i used superglue to attach the struts for wings and floats, a use needles, the type you use for sowing, offer up the part to postion and a small drop of superglue on the needle tip and touch the part with it, done! and so on! the less superglue you use the better and quicker it sets
or you could build the frame and floats first then attach where its located,
i am sure other with better knowledge than me can help further.
bigal07
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 887 posts
AeroScale: 31 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 16, 2010 - 08:09 PM UTC
badwolf - thank you for that, while Revell/Airfix are my comfort zone, I did want to try one of those Roden models, I know you can't go by the box art, but they do look very nice, and in the same breath didn't really want to spend the extra money on a kit I won't be able to finish to a good standard.
 _GOTOTOP