_GOTOBOTTOM
Start Here (for Beginners)
This forum is for younger modelers or people just starting out in the hobby.
Round, Fishtail, Or Oval Exhaust?
vonHengest
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
AeroScale: 372 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 16, 2010 - 06:03 PM UTC
I am looking for information regarding the application to round, fishtail, and oval exhaust pipes in relation to the PBY Catalina.

I'm not sure if the different exhaust styles were used on specific models, or if they were for different environments or some other reason.

Any help is appreciated!

Jeremy
Keeperofsouls2099
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 2,798 posts
AeroScale: 2,443 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 03:54 AM UTC
Which one are you going with Sir?And you will enjoy building it I observed one on ebay last night for like 17.00$ i was tempted but I dont have the room I will start having to do In flight displays of the bigger ones.Almost forgot what scale did you deside to go with?
vonHengest
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 06:31 AM UTC
I am going to go with both scales eventually.

For the moment I have found a set Moskit fistail exhaust in 1/72, but I have no idea what they apply to.

I'm taking a guess that the round exhaust were the most commonly used, but I would like to know what all three type were applicable to if that makes sense?
Keeperofsouls2099
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 2,798 posts
AeroScale: 2,443 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 10:52 AM UTC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PBY all you need to know as far as varients the pby went through quite a few engine changes
vonHengest
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 01:39 PM UTC
Thanks for the link Justin, and I was checking that out earlier. It doesn't say anything about the exhaust pipes. I tried looking up the different R-1830 engines, but I still can't find anything about the exhaust pipes. I wish the AM manufactures for these things would call out the variants these were used on
 _GOTOTOP