_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
This site doesn't make sense!!
jabow1
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 13 posts
AeroScale: 12 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 12:17 PM UTC
Can't tell what's new or has been around for months!!

Just today saw Item 'New Bf-109F'!! Clicked on it and it was referring to the Z?????? 48th scale F-2 kit!!

Maybe it's because I've only been coming to this site for some year or so and just am a 'new guy'!! Or maybe the site needs to be revamped!!

Don't get it!!
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
AeroScale: 510 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 12:28 PM UTC
Hi Bo,
All sites are setup a bit differently. We actually use a more standard approach for forum discussion topics (meaning in regards to the Internet in general). For example I think the post you are referring to is a "News" post from Jean-Luc Formery that was first posting in April of 2010.

http://aeroscale.kitmaker.net/forums/156591&page=1

Unlike say Hyperscale which uses a pure linear display of forum topics by original posting date, we use the more standard display of topics by most recent reply date/time. Our system is more like ARC.

However if you are looking for only recent news stories I might suggest just clicking on the "NEWS" tab above or using the "What's New" link (near the logo).

Cheers,
Jim
vanize
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,954 posts
AeroScale: 1,163 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 01:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Just today saw Item 'New Bf-109F'!! Clicked on it and it was referring to the Z?????? 48th scale F-2 kit!!

Maybe it's because I've only been coming to this site for some year or so and just am a 'new guy'!! Or maybe the site needs to be revamped!!

Don't get it!!

Great way for a new member to ingratiate himself top the people who work so hard to keep this site running...
long_tom
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,362 posts
AeroScale: 9 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 02:22 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Don't get it!!

Great way for a new member to ingratiate himself top the people who work so hard to keep this site running...

I agree. Still this site needs a section about painting like Armorama has.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 05:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

"I agree. Still this site needs a section about painting like Armorama has."

Hmmm your volunteering?
robot_
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 719 posts
AeroScale: 691 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 08:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Don't get it!!

You clicked on a link in the front page under the 'In Forums' pane. This is showing those forum threads that have had replies recently And the thread you mention does have current activity, but the posting date is also clear, so you can tell that the thread began back in April. The new News items are in the panel below the 'In Forums' one.

Jim: All the staff are doing a great job, and I have never seen a better laid out modelling website. The way the homepage shows all the recent activity, across Forums, Features, Reviews, and also brings up a random 'old feature' is great, and much, much better than that other site you mentioned
warreni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
AeroScale: 2,201 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 10:33 PM UTC
Agree that it is all running very well. The only improvement I would suggest is putting the scale of the item being reviewed/previewed in the heading . That way I don't get all excited only to find out it is in 1/48 scale..
mbittner
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 191 posts
AeroScale: 171 posts
Posted: Monday, October 18, 2010 - 12:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Agree that it is all running very well. The only improvement I would suggest is putting the scale of the item being reviewed/previewed in the heading . That way I don't get all excited only to find out it is in 1/48 scale..

Agreed.

I would like to give kudos to whomever fixed the RSS feed. There was a time you would see three, four, sometimes even more RSS item for the same article. I'm glad that's fixed, so thank you!
 _GOTOTOP