_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
kinetic f-16 "Barkeet"
blaster76
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
AeroScale: 137 posts
Posted: Monday, October 18, 2010 - 06:48 AM UTC
I've been working on this a couple of weeks. The fit was kinda sloppy, but a little mr surfacer 500 took care of all tha. They used directions for a US f-16D kit with an addendum page to do the differences. My problem is the decal sheet numbers are different. i can figure out the large stuff, but don't have a clue what a lot of the smaller decals are or go. The other problem is underwing hard points. I can't figure out which pylon to put where. There are about 6 different ones. I have the drop tanks figured, and the multi- GBU 12 one---I think. SO any help as to what goes whre would be appreciated.
ViperEnforcer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 204 posts
AeroScale: 202 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 07:27 PM UTC
Yeah, sloppy fit indeed, though it took more than just some Mr. Surfacer to clean up the fit problems with mine.

As far as decals, what US markings do you plan to use? I typically don’t use kit decals, so I am not familiar with this decal issue you’re referring to. Is there no drawing diagram to work from?

As far as pylons, it depends on what F-16D Block you are building (Block 40/42/50/52??) and what “era”. For standard munitions; Mk-84, GBU-10, 15, etc... the standard Wing Weapons Pylons will work for stations 3 & 7. Being a “Bus”, it’ll most likely have 370 tanks loaded on 4 & 6. ECM pod, Targeting pods, & missiles will vary depending on the criteria already cited.

Also note, USAF D models are rarely fully loaded up during real time contingencies. In the 1st Gulf War, Allied Force, and 2nd Desert War, the D models on station didn’t seeing much of the fight.

BTW, there's no such Hebrew word as "Brakeet" and more importantly, the Israeli F-16D are called "Barak", for Block 30 and Barak II for Block 40. "Brakeet" is a bogus IAF F-16 designation.

Mike V
blaster76
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
AeroScale: 137 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 05:17 AM UTC
I'm going Isreali. The "unit" markings are all clear, just all the little don't do this warning labels are unclear. No biggie they are pretty hard to see anyway. i just can't figure out which mounts to use to hang the stores on. The large drop tanks were fine, but figuring out which mount to use for the other 2 points is kind of difficult. NOthing in the directions and i've looked at photos trying to determine what to do. The inner point is the tanks, then the middle carries bombs anf the last one carries a missle. Of course there are the sidewinders on the wind edges.
 _GOTOTOP