_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
NEWS
1/32 Resin Upgrades from Aires.
litespeed
Staff MemberNews Reporter
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,976 posts
AeroScale: 1,789 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 04, 2010 - 09:14 AM UTC

Latest releases from Aires covering Modern Aircraft in 1/32. The detail in these casts look amazing from the folds in the seat cushions to the pipe work in the undercarriage bays.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
ViperEnforcer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 204 posts
AeroScale: 202 posts
Posted: Friday, November 05, 2010 - 05:50 AM UTC
Wow, the Fin Pit looks nice. I 'll have to pick one of these up.

They need to get away from those PE seat harnesses though, as most of us still prefer molded on belts. It's too costly to have to resort to QB seats for this option; which is Aires made as well.

Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Friday, November 05, 2010 - 10:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

They need to get away from those PE seat harnesses though, as most of us still prefer molded on belts.

Hi Mike

Now that's an interesting comment. I'd have said the opposite, but it'd just have been my personal preference speaking. I always wonder what line to take in reviews re- cast-on harnesses. I think it'd be a good topic for a future Poll.

All the best

Rowan
ViperEnforcer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 204 posts
AeroScale: 202 posts
Posted: Friday, November 05, 2010 - 01:33 PM UTC
With the majority of modelers and clubs I've been associated with, it's pretty unanimous; prefer molded on seat harnesses. PE just doesn't not lay down the way it should and increases the build time significantly; which shouldn't be much, if anything at all for a "seat".

Lead Foil and kabuki Tape are the best meduims for scale seat harnesses, though the buckles and interconnects would be best done in PE; though at least double or even triple the thickness to look scale.
 _GOTOTOP