_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Albatros cables and turnbuckles.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 - 06:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Stephen, first of all, many thanks for stopping in and having a look at my Albatros. I'm very glad you like what you see so far. It really is a great kit and I'm enjoying the heck out of it so far. Looking forward to starting my SE.5 as soon as she's finished too. Your reviews of these kits have been extremely informative and very helpful.

In regards to the rigging, I am taking up my first attempt at making my own turnbuckles. Just hope I didn't bite of more than I can chew. I was wondering, when attaching the rigging lines between the upper and lower wings, are turnbuckles located at each end of the line?

Thanks again for your help, and I'll see ya on the boards!

Regards,
Mike

Greetings Mike!

Concerning the Albatros D.V - Va the fixed attachment plates in the upper wing had the cable looped through their eyelets and the cable braided into itself after the loop. All flying and drag (wires between the wings) are attached at the lower ends by a single turnbuckle that is in-turn attached a similar attachment plate to the wing root or the lower wing by the lower end of the Veestrut. The only case in the wings where the turnbuckles are close to the top wing was with the D.Va ailerons.

Model On!
Stephen

_GOTOTOP