_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Anyone has Italeri's 1/72 Vickers Wellington?
clay_cliff
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Lima, Peru
KitMaker: 375 posts
AeroScale: 2 posts
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2010 - 01:12 AM UTC
I know that Model Master has colors for the standart bomber scheme, but I want to know what the kit's instruction sheet. says. I want to know the Model Master paint codes that are given for the dark earth and the dark green. Italeri older kits used to give "System I" codes (FS colors), even with "System II" (RLM, RAL, ANA; etc.) already introduced (like old He-111 asking for light ghost gray/pale green/dark green when RLM 65/70/71 were already available), so I want to know if this kit asks for "System II" paints and the codes. Thanks a lot in advance. Best regards.

José.
robot_
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 719 posts
AeroScale: 691 posts
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2010 - 03:30 AM UTC
I was a little confused by your question (not knowing anything about Model Master paints, or Italeri instructions), but according to this conversion chart:
http://www.paint4models.com/paintchart/paintconversionchart20100101a.html

RAF Dark Earth can be approximated by Model Master 'Dark Tan FS30219' (enamel 1742, acrylic 4709)

RAF Dark Green can be approximated by Model Master acrylic number 4726, equivalent to FS34079- no enamel is mentioned in the chart.
MikeMx
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 649 posts
AeroScale: 434 posts
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2010 - 04:21 AM UTC
I have that exact kit too. You need RAF Dark Green, RAF Dark Earth and Matt Black. I never use or understand modelmaster paints/paint numbers.

If you have Humbrol paints you want no's 29, 30 and 33 if memory serves.

Otherwise Xtracolour enamels and Xtracrylix Acrylics actually have paints called RAF Dark Green and RAF Dark Earth. I personally use the Xtracrylix acrylics. They are available from www.hannants.co.uk but if you use Xtracylix through an airbrush it would be better if you bought their thinners too.

Hope this helps.
thanks
Mike
 _GOTOTOP