_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
SB2C-4 Helldiver
KentVH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 96 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 01:25 PM UTC
I finished this beast quite a while ago but this is the first chance I have had to take any pics.
It is the 1/48 ProModeller from Revell.

Tell me what you think. I will appreciate all critisms. :-)

P.S. this model was built completely OTB (which did include a small sprue of photoetch, ie dive flaps, seat belt buckles.

thanks,
airwarrior
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,085 posts
AeroScale: 217 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 02:26 PM UTC
VERY NICE! I wish mine turned out this good............I prefer not to speak of it
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2003 - 08:38 AM UTC
:-) Just finished one of these myself, finished it in the kit markings. Pacific Helldiver
I will be building another, in the overall gloss sea blue sheme. Yours highlights how good it can look. Looks like a nice clean build and finish, I personally like at least a little weathering. I don't know if the plane you depict had as many stencils as the kit decals, but I think they add to the overall look. One other thing, and this is not a criticism, because I know how difficult it can be. You have not depicted the antenna wire? If you like I can explain how I did mine, again I think it adds something to the finished article. :-)
Very good looking beast :-)
Mal
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2003 - 09:16 AM UTC
Hi Kent

This must be The Month of the Beast!!... sounds like an episode of Buffy The Vampire Slayer... :-)

That looks a very nice build... I like the "semi-gloss" finish... full-on can look too toy-like for scale...

It's hard to tell in the pics, but maybe a touch more weathering would pull out some of the details... :-)

Oh yeah... do Mal says and add an antenna wire... little details make all the diference... :-)

Nice one!! :-)

Rowan
KentVH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 96 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2003 - 09:47 AM UTC
Holdfast
-I saw your helldiver and it is in the class above mine. I'll be the first to admit that.
-I didn't really weather this much because I dont have much practice and want to do a good job on it. Maybe when I get more confident in my weathering skills I will come back to this plane and give it a shot!
-I was planning on putting antennae wire on but I guess I had forgotten. Thanks for reminding me!

Thanks for all your comments
Tin_Can
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,560 posts
AeroScale: 750 posts
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2003 - 11:55 AM UTC
Looks pretty good to me too. I'm not a fan of the gloss coat but that's typical of some of these aircraft-I think.

The top pic has some wicked perspective going on...lol!
 _GOTOTOP