_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II: Germany
Aircraft of Germany in WWII.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Revell Arado Ar 196 at Scale Modelworld.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 - 07:14 AM UTC
I was hoping to be able to purchase Revells Ar 196 at the Scale Modelworld show at Telford over the week end but alas it wasn't quite ready for release. There was a made up and painted kit on their stand though and it looked absolutely stunning. I spoke to one of the guys manning the stand and was told that it will be out in December and that the price will be £19.99 At that price I'll be getting 2.
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 - 07:17 AM UTC
Dieter Wiegmann's model:

Arado Ar196 A-3

yes I know .. shameless

Greets

Steffen
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 - 08:38 AM UTC
Hi Steffen

Wow! That's a stunning build of what looks set to be a superb kit! Less than £20!!! I think that's my Christmas present sorted out for this year!

All the best

Rowan
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 - 08:59 AM UTC
Hi Rowan

I do not want to sound rude, but i think sometimes you should focus on things you have on the bench ... and finish these!

Anyway if it wasn't the wrong scale I would have been tempted myself ...

BTW there is also a 72 scale news item from Revell that I find most interesting (and it will probably never released in 48 scale) ... still I am a 48 scaler and stick to that scale.

cheers

Steffen
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 - 09:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Rowan

I do not want to sound rude, but i think sometimes you should focus on things you have on the bench ... and finish these! ... cheers Steffen

Hi Steffen

But I'll have an empty workbench by Christmas... (or tea-tray - that's what I'm building on most of the time these days! LOL!)

Anyway, with the Fw 189 (and it looks like a certain big '109 - sorry! ) on the go, there'll be no danger of me tackling the Arado for a long time - I just want to grab one before Revell put the UK price up like they did with their Ju 88!

All the best

Rowan
badwolf
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 79 posts
AeroScale: 75 posts
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 - 11:28 PM UTC
Dieter's Arado looks stunning, and as for Revell knocking these out for £20.00, if that is the case i will be getting 2 or 3, as you know what happened to the Ju 88 when that came out £25.00 now its nearly £40.00 still good by at that price, but how many have they sold! and how many at the cheaper price compared to the higher, then i have been told i am like Scooge.
Now if Revell keep bringing these kits out at a price we all can afford there on to a winner, as i know for a fact kits with high price tags that come form e.g Trumpeter don't sell in the numbers they hope for, and i know of one wholesaler who has dropped there range because of this!
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 - 02:07 AM UTC
Stunning model. Incredible if it will only be £20. A true bargain.

Thanks for the link, Steffen.
Grenadier37
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 232 posts
AeroScale: 155 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 - 06:27 AM UTC
Oh merciful Gods of Plastic and Glue, let this kit make it to market. Let it be sold for a reasonable price and please let it be released in the U.S.
warreni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
AeroScale: 2,201 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 - 07:19 AM UTC
Thanks to the wonderous internet it doesn't matter if it is only release in Upper Kumbuckta West, as long as there is a online hobby shop there you will be able to get it..

I think I will be getting a couple as well at that marvellous price. You could tell the wife it is an investment if the prices go the same way as the Ju-88...

PS.. I just ordered three at less than 16 pounds a pop, delivered to me in Australia..
 _GOTOTOP