_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Require info on Sopwith
bigal07
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 887 posts
AeroScale: 31 posts
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 - 04:28 AM UTC
Hello there, some time ago I built a 1:72 sopwith with Russian markings, black stars and the black ace of spades. Although I have had a good look around, I simply can't find any information on this aircraft that someone had already told me. Basically I'd like to know a little bit more about this strange story of a British aircraft sold to the Russians where the pilot flew and died crashing it, sad story !
sop 3 014
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 - 06:16 AM UTC
Here is your thread.

Dio on the cheap
bigal07
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 - 09:24 AM UTC
Many thanks for the link
bigal07
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2010 - 12:26 AM UTC
Sorry to report after a long search Sopwith Snipe black star/ace of spads, although a lot of info came up with 1917/1920 markings, I couldn't find the information I was originally searching for, I don't suppose it helps when my computer continuely plays up, I deleted quite a lot of things I shouldn't have, even deleted the section that I could have rebooted from, never mind, I dare say I'll get it sorted out.
Information on the aircraft with the black stars and black ace of spads, not my link but a direct link would be great. Thank you in advance.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 - 05:56 PM UTC
Did you check your personal messages? Maybe its there.
bigal07
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 - 08:45 PM UTC
For whatever reason, all my kitmaker comes through my spam, not through my normal email system, I may have missed it, I also know my computer is not running correctly (trying to sort that out) as reguard the black star and ace of spade, I've noting except the link you sent, and I really wanted some more info not the same which obviously the link would have gave me, there is nothing in my messages, and stll searching myself without ant luck. Thank you for your time though.
 _GOTOTOP