Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Comparison shot of B-17, Me-109, B-24
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2010 - 01:32 PM UTC
Thought I would try a comparison shot on the Revell of Germany, the old Revell kit I built as a kid, B-17F flying fortress, a Messerschmitt 109G by Hasegawa and a Consolidated B-24L by Minicraft. Just for fun. Take a look. Best background I could find at short notice. Russell

robtmelvin
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 205 posts
AeroScale: 18 posts
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 - 05:33 AM UTC
Russell, great comparison shot. I'm normally a ship guy but I occasionally deviate into flying machines if it something that I have a special interest and/or connection with. I've been considering having a go at one of the B17F kits. A number of years ago, when the Memphis Belle was still at Mud Island, I had the honor of meeting Col. Robert Morgan at the Belle. I was able to get his autograph on a print of the Belle and found out he and two other crew members, Jim Venaris, the co-pilot, and Cass Nastal, one of the waist gunners, would be at an air show at Millington, TN., the next day. I went up and got all three autographs on that print. It now hangs proudly in my office, where I also display my builds, and I'd like to build up a B-17F in Bell livery to compliment the print. Any suggestions for kits?
Thanks,
Bob
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 - 07:17 AM UTC
Hi there Bob. Thanks for the kind words. Yes, I do have a recommendation for you. Academy makes a 1/72 scale B-17F in I believe Memphis Belle markings. Try and snare that one if you can. Take care, Russell
 _GOTOTOP