_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
heavily weathered C-47......comments?
airwarrior
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,085 posts
AeroScale: 217 posts
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2003 - 03:48 PM UTC
This is the kit by Doyusha,I'm thinking of doing a review,the kit Is 1/100,tiny,but still as large as a 1/48 Bf-109.Great kit,but no locating pins on the fuselage wich makes it hard to allign right,well,anyway here are some pics enjoy!
here are some new pics! also,if you want to see the old pics,check out my link in my sig!
TOMCAT14
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 312 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2003 - 08:21 PM UTC

Hi Lordette Dave ,

Yes it's very , very heavily wheathering - I think it's to much - It's a nice model in 1/100 of historical aircraft from Normandy Time , but it's looks like some Aircraft puts at Desert for Rest of it life or in the Service Hangar , it's to much for that small scale , I don't want to be a master of painting/wheatering skills , I'm still learning but want to only share of advice .

Regardus
Venom
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alessandria, Italy
KitMaker: 720 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2003 - 10:43 PM UTC
hi airwarrior,
nice!
it's really heavy weathering...but i like it, but probably a little bit less is better,
regards
airwarrior
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 03:06 AM UTC
Jeez,you are right,I guess I went crazy last night,since the dust was done with pastels I rubed most of it off,and it looks alot better now,also thje flash killed it,it brigtened alot more than can be sen with the naked eye.I'm going to take better pictures today and see if it looks better
AJLaFleche
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
AeroScale: 328 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 06:22 AM UTC
As the others mentioned, it looks overly weathered.
The decal appears to still be glossy, shoot some clear falt over the plane to blend it in,
The incvasion stripes have 3 black and two white bars. This was applied as identification during the NOrmandy invasions. Any aircraft NOT wearing these markings would be considered a hostile and fired upon. Your Skytrainn woiuld have had a very short life in June 1944.
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 07:42 AM UTC
Hi Dave

I think C-47s had fabric-covered rudders & elevators (ailerons too?), so painting with a different colour O/D would be more realistic than the bare metal... maybe add a couple of repairs with some fresh paint or primer to show heavy wear. :-)

All the best

Rowan
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,941 posts
AeroScale: 1,040 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 08:40 AM UTC
Nice kit. Maybe with to much weathering.
The colour is Olive Drab ? The C 47 were Olive Drab, guess so.
airwarrior
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 11:36 AM UTC
you know what? I think I might just peel the decals off and try again,I really didn't like it to tell the truth,and I will try again
Halfyank
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
AeroScale: 36 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 02:42 PM UTC
Nice job on one of the greatest planes in history. Along with the duce n a half truck, and the landing craft, the old "Gooney Bird" was one of the weapons that won the war.

Two small nit picks. Along with what Al said about the stripes I think these are a bit too wide. If you put the five stripes Al mentions into the same are of the four stripe you've got I think it would be about right.

The second one is minor and I'm not sure about it at all. The prop hubs look awfully shiny, especially since the rest of the plane is in such sad shape. Maybe a black wash to show grease and oil on them?

_GOTOTOP