_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft: Contests
A monthly online photo contest. Show your work!
Model of the Month (MOM) December contest
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 - 08:51 PM UTC
Post your 3 pictures for the November Model of the Month competition HERE.
Post your, single, picture for voting purposes HERE
Rules for the new Model of the Month. Please read before posting

1. Entries must be of your own work.
2. The model must be of an aircraft.
3. The model can be in any scale and in any medium.
4. The model can be “out of the box”, scratch built, or anything in between.
5. The model must be finished within the month for which it is entered. The model could have been started some time before the MOM for which it is entered, it is the month in which it is actually finished that counts. So if it isn't finished this month it may be ready for next month or the month after
6. 1 picture is to be uploaded into the relevant gallery and titled with what the model is of, I.E. VS Spitfire Mk Vc. No composites. This picture must be of just the model, no base. (For a model posed in the "in Flight" configuration" a small stand is allowed which can be used to either support the model or as a counter weight. A beaching dolly can be used for a float plane. A model of a crashed aircraft on a simple base is allowed. This, simple, base can only be of groundwork, no vehicles, trees, fences etc or figures are allowed, but items off the aircraft are (such as wheels).
7. A thread will be opened in the general aircraft forum in which you MUST add up to 3 further pictures and you MAY add details about the build. The model can appear on a base or even in a diorama in this thread. Pictures must not be larger than 800 pixels wide, in either the gallery or the information thread. If you wish to post further pictures then open your own thread.
8. Pictures of models can be placed in the gallery from the first of the month until the penultimate day of the month (the next to last day) (see “5” above). (This is to avoid the time zone difference, I'm working on GMT)
9. Voting will take place over the first half of the next month, closing on the 16th. (This will be between 18.00 and 00.01 GMT)
10. A member winning one month cannot win the following month.
11. Dragon is sponsoring this from June 2007.
12. Staff members of the Kitmaker group of sites cannot enter.
13. The rules will be added to when and if it is deemed necessary.
14. Any none compliance with these rules may result in disqualification.
15. Ignorance of these rules is not an excuse for not abiding by them.
emroglan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,163 posts
AeroScale: 255 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 09:06 PM UTC
Uh, Hello? Anybody here? I hope it is not too early to submit for December?

Anyway, hello people! I generally hang around at Armorama, being an AFV grunt... but occasionally, I like to get myself out of all that dust, mud and grime and build an aeroplane (and it was my love of flight that got me into modelling the first place).

This will be my model for December's MOM, Tamiya's 1/48 scale Bf 109E-4, straight out of the box. And yes I had to use that pilot as well, since I didn't have PE belts at the time. Tamiya decals were such fun(!) to apply.

AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
AeroScale: 3,756 posts
Posted: Friday, December 10, 2010 - 06:58 PM UTC
Hi again folks, I'm in (as always) with the old Monogram 1/48th P-47 Razorback that I finished today for the Pacific Thunder Campaign on the SIG.

Paints were Tamiya rattle-can for the NMF, Tamiya and Gunze acrylics, and Tamiya weathering set pastels for the soot on the exhaust and ejector ports.

Thanks for looking, and good luck to everybody for MOM December 2010 !!

Cheers, D
pbhawkin
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 179 posts
AeroScale: 170 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 11:55 AM UTC
Here is my first entry into the MoM.
It is a 1/144 scale resin model of a Junkers Ju.46 (converted from the landplane version).

hkopper
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 529 posts
AeroScale: 340 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 01:24 AM UTC
Howdy folks, here is my entry for this month's Model of the Month contest. The kit that I'm submitting is Dragons Bf 110D-3 in 1:48 scale.

Cheers,

Hermann.
NickZour
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 1,437 posts
AeroScale: 1,241 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 06:10 AM UTC
I'm in with my P-51B 1/48

Cheers Nick
Fermis
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 39 posts
AeroScale: 27 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 04:03 PM UTC
Hello all! Good stuff here.
I'd like to enter my 1/48 Revell B-26. I built this for the son of Lt. Ed Vollenweider, who flew 72 combat missions over Europe in "Mild and Bitter", "Patches", and "Flak Bait". I did a rescribe on this beast, along with scratchbuilding the pilots seats and many other details in the pit, gearbays and bombardiers station, as well as many other bits of detail here and there. MM enamels, wash and pastels for the finish.

(Not sure how to post a pic to the voting page????)

mbittner
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 191 posts
AeroScale: 171 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 12:33 PM UTC
Eduard 1/72 Fokker F.I using the (out of production) Rosemont correction set and Gunsight Graphics streak-decals.

Fermis
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 39 posts
AeroScale: 27 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 04:42 PM UTC
Sorry to take up space here, but, how in the heck does one go about posting a pic on the voting page??? I've looked the thing up and down, no joy, or maybe I'm an idiot!
hkopper
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 529 posts
AeroScale: 340 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 05:28 PM UTC
Just click on the hyperlink titled "Here". It can be found on the first post on this thread.

Hermann.
pbhawkin
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 179 posts
AeroScale: 170 posts
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2011 - 11:31 AM UTC
So no announcement of who won?
I can't see it on the homepage and the only way seems to be to log on and count the votes.
 _GOTOTOP