_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
Monogram (Revell) 1/48 scale C-47
Bronze4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 53 posts
AeroScale: 11 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 11:37 AM UTC

I am not much for all the extra detail sets or going ‘A Bridge Too Far’ with scratch detailing, particularly since not much of the interior detail can be seen once it’s together anyway. That being said, I don’t mean to tell you that this will be completely a stock build.

.Detail in the flight deck and cargo areas I think are adequate for what can be viewed once assembled. The only exception is the throttle quadrant, trim wheel, and pilot and copilot seatbelts. These might be seen because I plan on having the side window to the cockpit open. Last other detail will be some life rafts (yet to be sculpted) across from the cargo doors.

The only reason I opted to replace the sound proofing material on cockpit walls was because there were some mold release marks that would have been impossible to remove without destroying the molded detail. The kit representation of this was weak at best anyway. I used foil burnished to my hobby knife handle to get the pattern for my replacement sound proofing.

Painted motors will do for me. Move along if you were hoping for after markets.

I like the bench seat belts, they are all different.

Not sure if war time aircraft had the emergency exits red but I saw it in a restored bird and thought it added interest.

Just fitted together to see how it’s shaping up. I still have a few tweeks to do then it’ll be bye bye interior.

That’s it for now.

All comments welcome, good or bad.

Dave Shaw
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
AeroScale: 3,756 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 01:32 PM UTC
Looking great Dave, some really nice touches in the detailing. I'm looking forward to more progress here, haven't seen too many of these birds built up !

Cheers, D
 _GOTOTOP