_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Sorry People, Armor Building Time
chip250
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,864 posts
AeroScale: 410 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 09:08 PM UTC
I am so sorry to my comrades who build the most elegant of things, the aircraft. I have to tell you that Its near that time of year, and I have alreay started a tank. I understand, its terrible. But don't worry I will get sick of it pretty fast and start the planes again. I even have one on the shelf ready to go when I quite the other.

Please don't burn me at the stake!
~Chip #:-)
brandydoguk
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,495 posts
AeroScale: 643 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 09:52 PM UTC
I'm sure I speak for a lot of the aircraft moddelers here when I say that our thoughts are with you during this stressful time. I'm sure that you will come through it a stronger person and will soon be back to building things of beauty and grace rather than those horrible things that dwell in the mud. #:-)

Martin
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,941 posts
AeroScale: 1,040 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 02:15 AM UTC
Take it easy, have fun building armor.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 07:23 AM UTC
Be careful, be very careful out there, the dark side is waiting for you
Mal
TankCarl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 3,581 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 10:13 AM UTC
Chip,
At least you are BUILDING!
Many visitors here to the forum don't build as much.Some build,or say they do,and fail to share their pictures with us.
If anyone asks me,I am a model builder.I dont mind if whatever it is only gets airborne,going over a ledge at speed... (++) (++) (++)
KentVH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 96 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 10:22 AM UTC
Don't worry Chip. I too have been drawn to the dark side but the force is strong in me. I sense it is strong with you also. The power of the dark side will not prevail over you!

seriously, I am also trying my hand at armour right now but I can't see myself doing to much of it. I just like aircraft too much.

P.S. Tankcarl, don't be to hard on those who don't post Pics of their work. Not everybody has access a digital camera or may not be as comfortable with technology as others. This does't mean they don't make models and even if they don't they probably still enjoy talking about them and sharing their knowledge. Sometimes life is just to busy for hobbies.
MEBM
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 1,055 posts
AeroScale: 61 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 01:23 PM UTC
"...rather than those horrible things that dwell in the mud..." WHAT!!!??? (I'm just kidding. I do all kind of models, I just favor Armor.)
capnjock
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 860 posts
AeroScale: 75 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 05:37 PM UTC
All I can say is that armor will calm you nerves much, much better than aircraft. It may have something to do with being able to wallow in the mud and enjoy it. Good luck! Once tried will never be the same again HEHE,HEHE,HEHE
capnjock
TOMCAT14
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 312 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 07:29 PM UTC

What can I say - Chip has a courage to say the truth , I want add some 5 cents to this subject - My Abrams also waiting for me - as I always admire MY friends from Armorama and their Panzer/Trupen projects I decided to get the chalenge with My favorite Tank M1 Abrams - Stil hoping My Panzer Master John "Jeepney" The Lurker Leader help me to build a master piece. Take Care CHip with Armour

Regardus (++)
chip250
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 07:39 PM UTC
Actually this armor deal isn't to bad. Its actually, can I say this, Fun! I am having the time of my life (geez I am a loser), and one thing is, it doesn't have to be so perfect. It can be muddy or a little beat up.

I am glad that I have such a support group here to fully discuss my problem, and my further addiction with other people that share my same problems. #:-)

~Chip
mavrick1124
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 188 posts
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2003 - 07:17 AM UTC
Hey Chip, don't sweat it. I too am presently on a trip thru the "Dark Side". At the continued request of our fellow Empire builders, I started a tank also. But as soon as it is done, back to the Alliance. May the force be with you. Mav
SS-74
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 02:48 AM UTC
LOL, bloody wingy thingy builder can't take the heat. Look at me, an exclusive German Armor Builder, I am hopping all over, no stress, no nothing. We armor builders are tough... LOL... Just kidding...

Good one Chip, so many armor builder turned to plane person, i.e. Cliff, WWH, ROTC_WILDCAT, etc, etc. It's about time one of you turn to us! #:-)
TreadHead
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
AeroScale: 370 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 03:14 AM UTC
Hey chip,

........................." go towards the light, the light is good, go towards the light......"

Tread.

scoccia
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 2,606 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 07:49 AM UTC
Weelcome to the RIGHT side of the hobby Chip!!! Planes are nice but they haven't got tracks...
Ciao
chip250
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 09:10 AM UTC
Hey, this tank deal aint so bad. Some of you should try it. Thanks guys! Don't worry, I still have lots of airplanes that need to be built.

~Chip :-)
SonOfAVet
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 547 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 06:34 PM UTC
Its always nice to jump around to different subjects (tanks, planes, sci-fi), it helps keep things fresh and improves your skills and abilities.
Just my thoughts...

Sean
mikeli125
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,595 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 09:56 PM UTC
chip,
stick those wingy things on ebay and get shut of them use the money to buy loads of armour and blitzkrieg your way through the planes at the model show wont it be fun to see those wings crack under the mighty tiger tracks! :-) welcome to armour modelling mate lets hope you stay here cause these wingy builders are like the real thing
head up in the clouds
chip250
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 10:44 AM UTC
Yeah, that would be the day. When I sell all of my kits on EBAY? Hey I might need them, what if the U.S. gets into a Nuclear war and I am stuck in my basement for 100 years. I would run out of armor, but not the planes! In that case, I should get some more! Ohhh theres an excuse to get more kits!

~Chip :-)
Bodeen
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
AeroScale: 14 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 07, 2003 - 01:08 AM UTC
:-) You are getting sleepy,very sleepy,,you drifting into another dimension where everything has treads and guns and doesn't leave the ground and they all shoot the evil wingy things out of the sky. Actually I have really been getting into planes lately. I really like the new Tamiya 1/48 scale planes. A bit pricey but...well...you get what you pay for!
As for posting pictures...I build for fun...I think my stuff looks good and that's good enough for me.
When i clap my hands you will wake up and go back to building your evil aircraft models. HA HA I fooled you! I will NEVER CLAP MY HANDS!!!! You're trapped in ARMOR(AMA)LAND!!!!!!
chip250
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Sunday, September 07, 2003 - 02:21 PM UTC
I feel glad that I get to go to school tommorrow. Its really nice to have some structure in life. And best of all they don't hypnotize you and leave you in that strange dimension!

~Chip #:-)
 _GOTOTOP