_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
my first wingy thing
MrRoo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 10:32 PM UTC
This is my first aircraft model. A 1/48 Tamiya Mosquito and I still have a ways to go with it. I will be building one other aircraft in the form of a beaufighter and that one will be my last wingy thing. I have found I prefer trucks.

stugiiif
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,434 posts
AeroScale: 403 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 11:23 PM UTC
Cliff what a nice little birdie!!! You realy do have a fine touch with Planes. I realy think you should give them another go!!! I have seen decals available for ANZAC P-47's. hehehehehe again nice job!!! STUG
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,941 posts
AeroScale: 1,040 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 02:04 AM UTC
It looks very good. I started modeling planes, then tired of the canopies and other tings changed to armour. Then fall in love again with planes, then again with armour.
Now I have periods in wich I build planes and another periods in wich I build armour.
Give the planes another chance, they really are impresive in the shelf.
TOMCAT14
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 312 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 02:37 AM UTC

Hi Cliff , Maybe You prefer Tracks but don't be sad Your Mosquito is a beauty !!!- nice cocpit , comparments - and of course very good painting - I will wait till You put pics of finished one - and see how I gonna build My Mosquito after Your expirience .
Very good Model - no critics.

Regardus (++)
airwarrior
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,085 posts
AeroScale: 217 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 05:03 AM UTC
Too muchs preshidings #:-)

J/k

very nice roo! You gonna make a detail set for a wingy thingy next?
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 07:03 AM UTC
Hi Cliff

That looks very nice - if that's your first aircraft model it'd be a crime not to do more... :-)

The camouflage pattern maybe a little soft - many British a/c were painted with rubber patterns draped over them - so the effect was pretty tight. Have a look at Holdfast's use of white-tack to get some useful pointers. :-)

If you add a little weathering to bring out the detail, she'll really come to life. :-) Remember though, Mossies were mostly wood - so be careful where you put any bare metal... :-)

Nice one

Rowan
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 08:35 AM UTC
:-) Got to agree with Rowan

Quoted Text

That looks very nice - if that's your first aircraft model it'd be a crime not to do more...

Mal
FAUST
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
AeroScale: 190 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 11:22 AM UTC
Ola Cliff

Great Job dude so far dude. For your first plane this looks really good. The camo you did on this plane is that freehanded ??? It looks really good. Is it going to get aussy decals??

I can`t wait to see it finished

SS-74
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 04:47 PM UTC
This is too much! First plane and so nice, now you need to do more of them. Remember trucks are targets. and Planes rule. And Armors are boring....

Geez, did I just said it out loud.

Anyhow, as an exclusive German armor builder, I really like your plane, the instrument/cockpit is well done, the camo is nicely applied. This is good stuff. Roo.

Not too shabby for bummy people like us. #:-)
jimbrae
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
AeroScale: 291 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 08:53 PM UTC
Cliff, nice to see that you have chosen one of the most attractive aircraft subjects out there. It also goes without saying that as usual you are doing credit to the subject. as usual... Doing a Beaufighter next sounds an excellent idea, remembering of course that so many of the attractive schemes are on RAAF aircraft and that so many decals are available from australian companies...Jim
 _GOTOTOP