_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
UH-1H Bushranger
Forbesy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Australia
KitMaker: 3 posts
AeroScale: 3 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 07:51 PM UTC
Hey guys I need some help. My old man was a pilot in nam and I want to build him a 1:35 Bushranger gunship but am having trouble sourcing the mini guns, twin M60's and rocket launchers (crew as well). Can anyone help me out please?
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 11:38 PM UTC
For crew Dragon and Trumpeter have both made some nice sets in 1/35. Although some of the figures are modelled for the Chinook I am sure they can be adapted easily to the UH-1. This might be useful.

For the guns, rockets etc. I think you have to go for one of the other UH-1 kits and strip them of usefull stuff. Probably cheaper than finding aftermarket stuff anyway. Check THIS TREAD as it might have some good info on the different kits and weapon loads.

Hope this helps.
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 07:54 AM UTC
For available crew, check out the first stickied thread in the Rotary Wing Forum. It lists just about all the available helicopter crew figures in 1/35 scale.

For weapons, check out Cobra Company and Fireball Modelworks.

Also, check out some of the previous posts here. A couple people have done 1/35 Aussie Bushrangers before.
Forbesy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Australia
Posted: Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 11:02 AM UTC
Thanks guys will check it out. Appreciate it.
Forbesy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Australia
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 - 04:45 PM UTC
After much looking and researching I have found most of what I need except the M21 weapon mounts!! Cobra company seem to have universal ones but Chris hasn't emailed me back to let me know if they look like the M21 (I can't tell from the photo on his website). Anyone know where to get these parts? Other kits maybe?
jasmils
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,016 posts
AeroScale: 4 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 03:46 AM UTC
G'day Brendan,
Your best bet would be to have a look here Aussie Modeller International
Mind you, this site has a lot of helpful people as well.

Cheers Jason
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 11:17 AM UTC
You want the XM-23 Doorgun Mounts from Cobra Company. They are the correct ones (when modified to a dual mount) for an Aussie Bushranger.

Or you can get two of the Dragon US Helicopter Crew Vietnam figure sets (each comes with one M23 mount and another M60A1 MG). You will have the mounts and enough weapons for the dual mounts as well.
 _GOTOTOP