_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
Revells F-15 E 1/48
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 04:17 PM UTC

One of my Christmas persents was this kit Now I'm not into jets at all , WW 1 is my thing . I must say though for 1/48 scale this is huge !

I will build this in the future , just wandering how she goes together and if there is any issues with the kit .

( I do like the tiger stripes though ! )

Keeperofsouls2099
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 2,798 posts
AeroScale: 2,443 posts
Posted: Friday, January 07, 2011 - 12:13 AM UTC
Know that there the best representation of one have a strike eagle in the stash don't know of any fit issues though
bdanie6
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 615 posts
AeroScale: 459 posts
Posted: Friday, January 07, 2011 - 01:37 AM UTC
Hi Terri, this is a great kit. It is a better represntation of the Strike Eagle there is. All of the other kits are actually F-15C that was prototyped into the E. There are no major problems with the kit. The only fit issue I encountered was the wing/fuselage join. I used Cutting Edge decals to do "Memphis Belle III" for my Memphis Belle project so I can't comment on the Tiger Meet decals.
My only disappointment was that there are no weapons in this particular release
Oh well.
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Friday, January 07, 2011 - 02:52 AM UTC
Thanks guy's for the feed back
bdanie6
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 615 posts
AeroScale: 459 posts
Posted: Friday, January 07, 2011 - 03:37 AM UTC
Terri, last thought. For EVERYTHING about Strike Eagles go to http://www.f-15e.info/joomla/

Later
hotwills69
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 11 posts
AeroScale: 10 posts
Posted: Friday, January 07, 2011 - 04:50 AM UTC
Hi Terri,
It's a gorgeous kit, although i had the same wing fit problem as bdanie6
the Left hand wing was a sliver out at the joint but that's an easy fix. And my canopy was not very well defined so resulted in some hairy moments masking up.
The rest of the kit is a breeze! i don't even think it needs much aftermarket stuff to spruce it up, the cockpit is very well done OOB. And again as bdanie6 i used a set of aftermarket decals so can't comment on the Tiger scheme! (although RAF Lakenheath is about 40 miles away from where i live and i should really have done that version!) As it happens i have been building mine over the christmas period and am 99 percent done! Just the burner cans to spray up! I've added a piccy but am a novice at posting so it may not be here!!
ivanhoe6
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,023 posts
AeroScale: 81 posts
Posted: Friday, January 07, 2011 - 05:21 AM UTC
Hi Terri, Nice Christmas gift. The size must be slightly overwhelming compared to aWWI kit. It's good to build something out of your comfort zone. I'm an armour guy normally but will do a plane every now and then just to take a break. In fact my next build is going to be Eduard's Sopwith F.1 Camel my 1st WWI kit. Rigging should be interesting. I'd build it soon just to shake things up in the new year. Have fun ! Tom
mykroft
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 270 posts
AeroScale: 264 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 08, 2011 - 12:22 PM UTC
Just started one myself (doubly odd as I don't build modern stuff or 1/48 for the ost part). I'd picked up a pair of them for a low, low price a few months ago.

Anybody know how much nose weight to add? I don't want a tail-sitter.
hotwills69
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 11 posts
AeroScale: 10 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2011 - 05:22 AM UTC
Hey Adam,
There is NO nose weight to add my friend! The main gear is set quite far back behind the centre of gravity so there's no need! And if you are adding the fuel tanks on the wings they add to the "Forward momentum"

Happy building!!
Andrew
hkopper
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 529 posts
AeroScale: 340 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 - 01:27 PM UTC
Terri, we must be on the same wave length as I just started building the same kit. I guess that I wanted to start the new year with a new perspective on aircraft by building something without a prop and tackling a modern jet. So far the kit is a dream and haven't encountered any issues. In addition, you do get some nice details without the need of aftermarket add ons and the price was just right. The only extras that I purchased was the usual Eduard P/E set and I'm considering a new set to decals. I'm having such a great time with the kit that I ordered my first 1/32 Tamiya jet ...their F-16CJ Fighting Falcon.

Good luck with the kit and look forward to the blog.

Hermann.
 _GOTOTOP