Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Shelf Queen HE-112 finished
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
AeroScale: 1,164 posts
Posted: Friday, January 07, 2011 - 09:51 AM UTC
I finally got off my tail and finished this thing. It has been sitting on my shelf for the better part of 2.5 years... I'm not sure why I shelved it, but thought I would finish her up after getting the Pilatus completed yesterday. It is the 1/72 Heller kit and for what it is, it builds really well. I added belts to the seat, and some random decals from the spares box as the kit decals were lost. Humbrol paints and Floquil flat finish was used as an experiment. I have several bottles of the Floquil Flat on hand, but have never used them. I'm happy with the way things came out. Just thought I would share this little thing with you all. She is now hanging from my ceiling with the rest of my growing air force. Thanks for looking. "Q"

Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Friday, January 07, 2011 - 11:29 AM UTC
Isn't that just beautiful, really Matt, Heinkel had some good looking a/c and you did a great job on this one. Was this similar to a line Lindberg had out twenty years back, they had the Heinkel 100, the Heinkel 162, and the Messerschmitt 163?

Isn't it interesting that Heinkel produced some very good a/c like the jet powered Heinkel 280 but Messerschmitt was more in favor with the RLM and got the contract for a jet fighter. Wonder if something similar was at play with the Heinkel 100/112 vs the Me-109? Again, good job. Russell

P.S. Kit is in the right scale too! Ha ha
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
AeroScale: 1,164 posts
Posted: Friday, January 07, 2011 - 05:30 PM UTC
Thanks for the kudos Russell. Yeah, Heinkel had some really nice looking aircraft. Funny how even 70 years ago politics played a big role in who got the contracts etc. Thanks again for the kudos. "Q"
 _GOTOTOP