_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
b-24 liberator
dark_fang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 24 posts
AeroScale: 18 posts
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2011 - 09:48 PM UTC
heres my revell monogram b-24. its a little dusty from sitting around. this is one of my best models ive done before my airbrush fell apart

jhoog59
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 189 posts
AeroScale: 129 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 19, 2011 - 02:55 AM UTC
Gotta love the old B-24. Brings back memories.
robtmelvin
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 205 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 23, 2011 - 09:26 PM UTC
Brandon, thanks for posting those pictures. I'm just starting on that kit and I'll be using your picts as a part of my reference. Great job.

Bob
dark_fang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nevada, United States
Posted: Sunday, January 23, 2011 - 11:55 PM UTC
as a heads up for your build this is a very tail heavy bird so make sure you put enough wight in it and the C on the wing the circle is round all the way my knife slipped and cut part of it off hence the flat side
robtmelvin
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kentucky, United States
Posted: Monday, January 24, 2011 - 02:21 AM UTC
Brandon, thanks for the heads up. I've read as much as I could find about this kit and am thinking about the nose weight issue going in. My plan, and I'll run this past you to see what you think, is to weight the nose with very fine lead weights used in fly fishing. These things are about a quarter the size of a BB. I think I should be able to pour enough in under the nose compartment floor, securing it with CA, to keep the nose gear down. What are your thoughts on that?

Bob
dark_fang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nevada, United States
Posted: Monday, January 24, 2011 - 11:58 AM UTC
that would work i tried using clay loaded with lead pellets in side the cowlings but it didn't work . but i did do tests if you put enough weight in the cowlings it will sit on its wheel you can also put some under the floor but make if your sure you have enough weight add more or you'll have to do what i did scratch build a tail stand
robtmelvin
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kentucky, United States
Posted: Friday, January 28, 2011 - 05:37 AM UTC
Brandon, I appreicate the advice. I'll try your approach of putting weight in the cowlings as well as under the nose compartment floor. I picked up a container of lead fishing weights the other day and I think what I'll do is imbed them in some modeling clay, maybe seal that with CA.

Bob
dark_fang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nevada, United States
Posted: Friday, January 28, 2011 - 07:04 PM UTC
its no prob if you need any more help on this kit feel free to ask
 _GOTOTOP