_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
revell a-26b
dark_fang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 24 posts
AeroScale: 18 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 08:07 PM UTC
finished this bad boy a few weeks ago used Eduard color interior,bomb bay and exterior pe parts. True Details wheels, Scale A/C Conversions landing gear Squadron vac formed canopy and aeromaster decals

this was my 1st try at above normal detail so my skills weren't as well they are now
lespauljames
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,661 posts
AeroScale: 369 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2011 - 11:41 PM UTC
nice work there, one thing i noticed was the ?glue marks? by the bomb bay, a little more time and patience wit the glue, or a sanding stick or paper can go a long way with improving your build skills, also a nice wash would bring out the detail on the kit, otherwise, nice build and i hope your happy with her!
dark_fang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nevada, United States
Posted: Tuesday, February 08, 2011 - 07:04 PM UTC
what glue marks the only mar i see is by the because i still haven't figured out how to get a good join line between the fuselage and the wings.as for the wash i fail at washes. and i also did some research on the brid i was doing and she had fresh paint so i opted not to weather the outside but did some on the inside as it was more then likely used in ww2 so it saw action. but was repainted after
MrMtnMauler
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 224 posts
AeroScale: 223 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - 01:36 PM UTC
Nice build, I think he may have been wondering about those "bumps" on the starboard side wing between the fuselage and engine. I was curious what the structure aft in the bomb bay was (my computer is not the best) and what the pattern is on the 500lb GP HE bomb in the bomb bay was. It was a cool color scheme I have not seen before. Anyway, nice looking plane with cool markings. Take care. Jim
dark_fang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nevada, United States
Posted: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 01:25 PM UTC
i believe what your referring to is the upper turrets structure i had a lot of trouble with it . as for the coloring on the bombs i believe its from the glue i used i had a lot of issues keeping them in so i believe part of that is the super glue i used to keep the buggers in
 _GOTOTOP