_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
NEWS
FW-190 in foreign service Vol.2 .
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
AeroScale: 2,225 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2011 - 04:14 AM UTC
Following on from their early release, "Captured Butcherbirds - FW-190", Atelier Kecay have released the follow up, "FW-190 in foreign service. Captured Butcherbirds Vol.2"

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Antoni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 574 posts
AeroScale: 573 posts
Posted: Friday, January 28, 2011 - 07:07 AM UTC
Take a peek inside here:

http://www.jadarhobby.pl/kecay-fw190-in-foreign-service-book-p-22901.html
FalkeEins
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 868 posts
AeroScale: 690 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 30, 2011 - 04:04 AM UTC

thanks for that ..looks great . However this title must be page for page one of the most expensive Luftwaffe books out there (as with Vol I) . Also features one of the flimsiest soft covers ever..opening the book like that will quickly result in the book falling to pieces - as with Vol I I'm torn because the contents look superb....
Antoni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 574 posts
AeroScale: 573 posts
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2011 - 11:10 AM UTC
My copy of Captured Me 109s (their first book) quickly fell apart but they have steadily improved things since then and the this book looks like it will hold together quite well. A little thinner than their other books.

Yes they are expensive but they may be costly to produce with the amount of artwork that goes into them and they may not sell in large volumes.

The section on the Soviet Union includes a good number of wrecks rather than captured machines. There are small sections on Yugoslavia, South Africa, Czechoslovakia, South Africa, Rumania and Hungary. More interesting are the chapters on Fw 190 flown by Spanish volunteer pilots, Turkish Air Force and French built 190s. It ends with aircraft interned in Sweden and a section of supplements to Vol 1.
 _GOTOTOP