_GOTOBOTTOM
Start Here (for Beginners)
This forum is for younger modelers or people just starting out in the hobby.
Ready for matte finish
Gendrok
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nicaragua
KitMaker: 125 posts
AeroScale: 45 posts
Posted: Friday, January 28, 2011 - 02:24 PM UTC
So I painted the model fuselage only I kept pylon and other small pieces that go glued on, off. I painted those separately from the fusalge, and when it came to the gloss coat, I painted them all separately as well. I'm currently in the decal and weathering stage, so what I wanted the opinion of the experienced, if it's best if continue this way, or if it's ok to go ahead and attach everything, and move on to finishing it. Something to point out, I have yet to attach the canopy. I know the clear gloss can fog up the canopy if not masked properly, what flat?
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 29, 2011 - 12:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

So I painted the model fuselage only I kept pylon and other small pieces that go glued on, off. I painted those separately from the fusalge, and when it came to the gloss coat, I painted them all separately as well. I'm currently in the decal and weathering stage, so what I wanted the opinion of the experienced, if it's best if continue this way, or if it's ok to go ahead and attach everything, and move on to finishing it. Something to point out, I have yet to attach the canopy. I know the clear gloss can fog up the canopy if not masked properly, what flat?

Can't speak for others , but once all the decals are on I will dullcote and weather the sub assemblies seperately and when the fianl dullcote has been applied and try then I will attach all the parts to the airframe . Trying weather some of the parts while already glued to the airframe can be frustrating and a good chance that parts can be knock off . The very last item is the canopy . Yes it has to be mask very well , gloss and dull cote will ruin it .
 _GOTOTOP