_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
Knights Of The Sky Campaign
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 30, 2011 - 04:04 PM UTC
Historically Group Builds help the individual modeller & the community as a whole.

A. It usually provides information that one modeler knows but another may not.
B. Campaign ribbons are a mark of participation.
C. The modeler has a chance to push or stretch their talents and improve skills.

1. For the Aeroscale "Knights of the Sky" Group Build 2011 and we will open it to:
a. All builds.
b. All vendors.
c. All scales.
d. New.
e. In progress.
f. Unfinished hangar queens. But must be finished for this GB.
g. Injection moulded.
h. Vacuform plastic.
i. Resin, metal paper or wood. The components can be any combination thereof.
j. Kit conversions.
k. OOB.
l. Super detailed.
m.Prototypes or main production versions.
n. Colour scheme from a real subject and relevant to your build.
o. The build cannot have been used in another GB.

2. It must be a real Early Aviation subject up to 1934.

3. Each participant will submit a build thread (in Early Aviation title) a blog with images. If the content meets conditions it will be considered for submission to Aeroscale for publishing as a front page Feature. A gallery will be set up for finished builds to be posted.

4. It will run from January 31st to December 31st 2011.

5. A campaign ribbon will be offered on completion.

6. Manufacturers will be approached and asked to honour the builder who uses their products in this GB build. There are no guarantees in this arena.

The sign up for this Campaign is ready at this time here.

Sign up as soon as possible good folks! Get in to the hangars and pull out the hangar queens. Dust off that kit from the stacks you have dreamed about doing. Crack the box on the new kit and begin prepping a list of things you want to do. Clear your desk for action and read the instructions.
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
AeroScale: 3,756 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 30, 2011 - 06:25 PM UTC
Oh no, I pushed the button ! WHAT HAVE I DONE ???

I'll put my hand up with a 1/28 Revell Sopwith Camel that has been in the hangar for, ummmmmm, well, 15 odd years. I have a grand plan for a display with a relic in my possession from an original Camel, and I'm trying to hunt down the new Hasegawa 1/6 Clerget kit to go in there as well. I will start a build log thread as required and post more details there.

Rigging, my head hurts already, I need a beer.
Tomcat31
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,828 posts
AeroScale: 1,720 posts
Posted: Monday, January 31, 2011 - 04:04 AM UTC
Rather than making a new post I'll make this the official campaign thread, so....

Welcome to the Knights of the Sky campaign!

Rule 3 states that you must have a blog in the 'Early Aviation' forum but please feel free to post your progress and campaign fellowship here as well

If you haven't already joined, you can Enlist Here

Please post the photos of you completed build in the Official Campaign Gallery
windysean
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,917 posts
AeroScale: 563 posts
Posted: Monday, January 31, 2011 - 04:43 AM UTC
Don't count me in yet, but I have a Glencoe kit of the Martin MB-2 sitting on my shelf that is screaming to be in this campaign. Maybe tonight I'll actually break open the box and peek inside. The builds of this kit by others, that I've found on the internet, seem daunting in their size and especially rigging.
I'm in 2 campaigns with April deadlines, one ending by June (that I've almost completed), and two ending by September. No other December commitments...
If nothing else, I'll be watching for those Early Aviation blogs to see your work.
cheers,
Sean.
AaronW
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 197 posts
AeroScale: 42 posts
Posted: Monday, January 31, 2011 - 07:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Don't count me in yet, but I have a Glencoe kit of the Martin MB-2 sitting on my shelf that is screaming to be in this campaign. Maybe tonight I'll actually break open the box and peek inside. The builds of this kit by others, that I've found on the internet, seem daunting in their size and especially rigging.
I'm in 2 campaigns with April deadlines, one ending by June (that I've almost completed), and two ending by September. No other December commitments...
If nothing else, I'll be watching for those Early Aviation blogs to see your work.
cheers,
Sean.

I recently picked up the MB-2 as well. II was pleased to see it looks like a much better kit than I expected, but that rigging...

I will definately be watching for future use if you build yours.

I just saw Airfix is re-issuing the H.P. 0/400 in 2011 too, another one of those kits I'll have to get but will really have to screw up my courage to actually build.
 _GOTOTOP