_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
51s and 109s Finished
Fermis
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 39 posts
AeroScale: 27 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 05, 2011 - 03:18 AM UTC
It's been a busy couple of weeks!!! The week before last, I built a pair of 51s. 1/72 Academy "B", and 1/48 AccuMini 51A/F-6. They are both OOB. For the F-6, I made my first attempt at the "hairspray technique", on the upper surfaces of the stripes.

For this past week, my bench has been a 109 assembly line with 4 in the works. Tamiya E-7, Hasegawa E-3, Fujimi and Otaki G-6s. I got all these for less than $10 each, so I decided to do a little experimenting with finishing techniques. I didn't quite get the results I had invisioned, but they look alright on the shelf. I finished the Es last night, the Gs are on hold, until decals arive. These are also my first go at freehand mottling.

Tamiya E-7

and the Hase E-3

IronMark
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 71 posts
AeroScale: 69 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 05, 2011 - 09:36 AM UTC
Excellent work, Fermis!

I particularly like the color modulation on the wings of your -109's. Great job indeed. If you don't mind me asking, what was your impression of the Accurate Miniatures P-51A/ F-6? I just recently purchased a few of the their kits at an auction and what I've seen in the box is quite impressive.

Mark
NickZour
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 1,437 posts
AeroScale: 1,241 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 05, 2011 - 10:52 AM UTC
These are really awesome models!

Cheers Nick
Fermis
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 39 posts
AeroScale: 27 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 05, 2011 - 05:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Excellent work, Fermis!

I particularly like the color modulation on the wings of your -109's. Great job indeed. If you don't mind me asking, what was your impression of the Accurate Miniatures P-51A/ F-6? I just recently purchased a few of the their kits at an auction and what I've seen in the box is quite impressive.

Mark

Thank you!

I've done almost a dozen of AccuMinis 51s (A / A-36 / and Bs) and have another pair of Bs in the stash. I really dig em, good detail, and good fit.
javlin
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Mississippi, United States
KitMaker: 106 posts
AeroScale: 7 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 06, 2011 - 03:40 AM UTC
Looking very good Jeremy like the used look but still kinda new,suttle panel lines but for me the I would be different on the wing color on the 109's but thats just me.Some Nice Works!Cheers

and you got the panel line on the center of the fuse something I often forget till to late.:thumbleft:
 _GOTOTOP