_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Two Eduard Pfalz kits, thanks for your help!
valinsky123
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 20 posts
AeroScale: 19 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 05, 2011 - 04:22 AM UTC
I asked here about possible Jasta greens a few weeks ago for the tail of one of these Pfalzes; I ended up going with Malachite green from Humbrol's range of railway modelling paints, a new departure for me! I also said I would post the results so here they are, two Eduard Pfalz IIIa's courtesy of one of their Dual Combo packagings. Had to get another box for the second set of Iron Crosses (should have thought of that before I chose these colour schemes!) but now I have two more sleek canvases to work on at some point, I'm thinking of a Jasta 15 machine (the red and blue always looks so much better on a Pfalz than an Albatros I think) and either a Jasta 4 number with the black spiral around the fuselage or, if I can pluck up the courage, the grey and white striped Jasta 30 machine, though I would need some lozenge from somewhere for that. open to suggestions! Everything comes from the box apart from the radiator pipe which is simply a piece of bent evergreen strip. Strange that these were left out of the kit to be honest, given it's the same set-up as the Albatros. I only noticed its absence once everything was pretty much together so only the front one is there, neither are there any fuel lines from the wing tank. Something for next time. Very nice to build though, hope you enjoy, and thanks again for the suggestions!

JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 05, 2011 - 06:42 AM UTC
Nicely done! Our own Terri Werner and Mark Hamrick split this kit and built them and were featured here. They mentioned similar issues you ran into. Its always great to get confirmation. It helps everyone with their projects. Please show us some more of your early aviation builds.
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
AeroScale: 2,270 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 05, 2011 - 01:42 PM UTC
The twins look fantastic.

If you need loz, check out microsculpt. It is the best stuff out there right now. I won't even use kit loz in this scale anymore. Their texture decals are also worth a try. I use them for both 48th and 32nd scales over loz and CDL.
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 05, 2011 - 01:43 PM UTC
Very nicely done indeed on the worlds sexiest aircraft ! Thanks for sharing your builds with us . I look forward to your next project !
Mgunns
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,423 posts
AeroScale: 1,319 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 05, 2011 - 04:53 PM UTC
Hi David:

Yes, very nicely done. I especially like the Jasta 5 a/c. I am hoping somebody does it in 1/32nd.
Your weathering is nice too, not too much, but enough to make them look like a/c in service.

Best
Mark
valinsky123
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 20 posts
AeroScale: 19 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 05, 2011 - 09:03 PM UTC
Thanks for all your kind words, it's always good to find others who appreciate the lines of a biplane, I'll happily post a few photos of other projects if you wish, there's a BE2c and a little Moraine floating about somewhere...

Have to decide now whether to do another couple of Pfalzes or deal with those Sopwith Pups in the stash. I have two of the Eduard ones and another one built that needs a repaint, especially as I'm now the proud owner of a Pheon decal sheet! I have the dilemma though of the new Aeroclub release, has anyone got hold of one of these yet?

THanks again,
David
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Monday, February 07, 2011 - 03:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks for all your kind words, it's always good to find others who appreciate the lines of a biplane, I'll happily post a few photos of other projects if you wish, there's a BE2c and a little Moraine floating about somewhere...

Have to decide now whether to do another couple of Pfalzes or deal with those Sopwith Pups in the stash. I have two of the Eduard ones and another one built that needs a repaint, especially as I'm now the proud owner of a Pheon decal sheet! I have the dilemma though of the new Aeroclub release, has anyone got hold of one of these yet?

THanks again,
David

Would love to see some of your other builds ! We all like pic's , the more the merrier !

No I don't have the Aerclub kit , but Pheon decals are designed for that kit . They will work on the Eduard kit as well just fine . But the Eduard kit is a hair puller for some . Being as a limited run lots of filing and filling and sanding .
 _GOTOTOP