_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
So many beautiful builds going on here.
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
AeroScale: 2,270 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 08, 2011 - 07:33 AM UTC
There are so many beautiful builds going on here. I have been tracking all your wonderful and skillfullly built early aviation subjects. But there are so many, it is hard to keep track of all of them.

I have really enjoyed seeing new people log on here for the first time over the last few years, and watching their skills improve with every build. The amount of information, and tips I find here is overwhelming, but I do try many of the things I read about. It is great that questions are asked, and answered so quick and accurately. People spend a lot of their valuable time checking references for us. And the other day, somebody offered to send my two spandaus for my GB subject.

The point I am trying to make here is that I really enjoy modeling because of all my friends here, on Aeroscale. Your builds encourage me to do each build a little better than the last. And you don't laugh at my many mistakes. You guys and gals are the best.

Thanks,

Carl

p s. The second Gotha has arrived. The first one is still of in the Netherworld of the U S postal Service.
lcarroll
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,032 posts
AeroScale: 1,025 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 08, 2011 - 10:36 AM UTC
Carl,
You have expressed my sentiments exactly. I have ventured back to the hobby (albeit as planned for years once the time became available) and the information, helpful attitude, and genuine encouragement I see here every day is refreshing to say the least. Most important, no matter how basic the question or how glaring the error the approach is always the same; constructive advice with no sniping and above all positive feedback.
My enjoyment of WWI modeling is increased tenfold by having contact with, seeking the help and advice of, and following the efforts off all here. Awesome Site, and a great bunch of folks.
I am told I can be brutally direct at times however I also beleive in credit where due...............You Folks, each and every one, are simply great!
As our Forum Leader says, "Model on Y'all" !

Cheers,

Quoted Text

There are so many beautiful builds going on here. I have been tracking all your wonderful and skillfullly built early aviation subjects. But there are so many, it is hard to keep track of all of them.

I have really enjoyed seeing new people log on here for the first time over the last few years, and watching their skills improve with every build. The amount of information, and tips I find here is overwhelming, but I do try many of the things I read about. It is great that questions are asked, and answered so quick and accurately. People spend a lot of their valuable time checking references for us. And the other day, somebody offered to send my two spandaus for my GB subject.

The point I am trying to make here is that I really enjoy modeling because of all my friends here, on Aeroscale. Your builds encourage me to do each build a little better than the last. And you don't laugh at my many mistakes. You guys and gals are the best.

Thanks,

Carl

p s. The second Gotha has arrived. The first one is still of in the Netherworld of the U S postal Service.

Kornbeef
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
AeroScale: 1,551 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 08, 2011 - 02:15 PM UTC
Yep, I have to agree with both the above posts, I popped in once to ask a simple question, got drawn in, a great bunch, a great sense of humour too but most of all that willingness to share info, techniques, encouragement and more with each other selflessly.

Of course theres differences of opinions, that's inevitable but here at least theres no sniping and badmouthing. That all comes before we even mention the talent and the builds at all levels, we have things to teach and learn from one another.

I'm one for throwing a spanner in the works of convention, we've had discussions about shadows colours construction and all manner of things. sometimes in the end just agreed to disagree but at the end of the day thats half the pleasure and I happliy hold my hand up if I'm wrong.

Just a great bunch of girls and guys doing what they love as best they can and sharing with others.

Keep it up I say

JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 09, 2011 - 01:39 AM UTC
welcome to the dark side. . .we have cookies!

Seriously folks you do make this a fun place to be. Model On!
Mgunns
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,423 posts
AeroScale: 1,319 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 09, 2011 - 07:47 AM UTC
Greetings all:

I share all of your semtiments. I was directed to the site by a link to a link on MG Taylors "Misterkitusa" site. It directed me to Stephen's Fokker DVI, and Carls Albatros OAW "Candy Striper". By default I was then directed here. I was/ still am blown away by the quality of workmanship, the willingness to share, and the great bunch of folks on this site. The work presently being done is certainly top notch, and reflects the great modelers we are lucky to meet on this site. Each build is a learning experience, and I have learned a lot from all of you.

Thank you

Mark
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 09, 2011 - 01:00 PM UTC
What can I say , you are all just awesome to be with ! The talent here just keeps getting better and better with every blog and build shared here . What we learn , we are able to aid others when help is needed and share as a community while we grow , not just in our modelling skills and knowledge of the subjects . We grow within as well , turning this into our passion !

This is why I keep coming back

Thanks all for making this a wonderful place to be

_GOTOTOP