_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
sabotage !!! diorama
tornado64
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 203 posts
AeroScale: 57 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 10, 2011 - 12:07 AM UTC
making a start on a prize i won on another modelling forum.

the diorama is going to depict a real and intresting scene i'm not saying too much early on

for those that guess please keep schtum so others may have fun searching and finding out

all i'll say is the real aircraft is now under restoration ( possibly finnished ) i have not checked

this is this years late winter project

i'll be starting in earnest but still need a detailed engine and will order it in due course

although there is plenty to do to start with !!

tornado64
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, February 10, 2011 - 11:42 PM UTC
made a start in ernest !!

as i go rather than showing completed sections i will try to show step by step methods so newbies can get an insight on how effects and alterations are built in

i have made a start by showing how panels are opened up easily

1 first i chain drill with a pin vice drill ( keeping inside the panel to be removed's line

that makes 2 cutting out easier still keeping within the line but aiming to get as close as possible

the third image shows it after finnishing off with a needle file set and tidying up up to the line

i will be making the door soon ( more than likeley before fuselage halves are joined ) to enable a good match

lastly the cannopy packed with love by revel , every effort was made to ensure it stayed un marked , inspectors lovingly checked it for blemmishes / marks and short shots

HA !! if only they knew what it had comming !!!

tornado64
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2011 - 01:50 AM UTC
a little further on decided to use revels kit part for the panel with instrument holes punched out !!

_GOTOTOP