_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
Revell Sea King Mk.41 MFG 5 cammo HELP.
phantom_phanatic309
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,568 posts
AeroScale: 1,619 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 10, 2011 - 08:31 AM UTC
Hi, I've had this kit in stash for a while and I'd really like to started on it.
But, I'm having difficulty working out the complex cammo pattern for the MFG 5 example. I might just have a poorly printed copy its hard to see where one shaded section starts and another ends, but it isn't helped by Revell's colour guide which insists on mixing various percentages of paints which look nothing like those painted on the real thing.
Can anyone please point me in the way of a clear pattern and advice on colours, preferably humbrol. Alternatively what other finishing options do I have with this kit?
Any help is appreciated.
phantom_phanatic309
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 09:22 AM UTC
To update my earlier post, is it possible to finish this kit in RAF or RN markings? And which of their types is the same as (or at least most similar) to the version the kit represents?
I have to admit my knowledge and references on Seakings is very small, so an help is appreciated.
markske
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 71 posts
AeroScale: 58 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 07:47 AM UTC
I found this.
FS34079 Humbrol 116,91,163
FS26152 Humbrol 92
FS36081 humbrol 32
FS35237 humbrol 145 this color is close.

For reference on paint camo i think you look best at fotos.

Mark
phantom_phanatic309
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 08:58 AM UTC
Cheers mate. Those colours look about to me. Just googling any images of them at moment. Its an interesting looking thing, if a little drab coloured. The earlier all over blue-grey looks much better.
I'd prefer to do it in the RAF bright yellow, but I'm not sure if its the same airframe/interior. It has the same small radome on the back and none of the ecm equipment mounted on the nose/sides of front line british types. I'm finding that sea kings vary widely. Its a pity revell have dropped all the sea king kits from the catalogue, they are WAY better than airfix's old dog.
 _GOTOTOP