_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
MH60G to HH60G Conversion Help
retiredyank
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
AeroScale: 79 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 07:58 AM UTC
I have Academy's 35 MH-60G and want to convert it to a HH-60G. Problem, I have no clue as to how to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 11:40 AM UTC
First off, an MH-60G and an HH-60G are the same aircraft. The name changed depending on who in the USAF they fell under. When they were under AFSOC (Air Force Special Operations Command), they were called MH for Multi-Mission Helicopter. When under ACC (Air Combat Command), they were labeled HH, the designation for a Rescue Helicopter.

The real question is when do you want the aircraft to represent? Out of the box, the Academy kit (minus the .50 cals in the doors, they were only tested in this position and not used operationally) represents an early '90s MH-60G under AFSOC.

To make a later version, you have to add some things. A good start is to get the Cobra Company MH/HH-60G update set.

This pic shows most of the latest upgrdes for HH/MH-60Gs, including the external weapons and ammo can mounts.

Here is my USAF HH-60G, Iraq, 2003 from Davis-Monthan AFB, NM, based on this helo.

You can follow the build here, here, here and done.

The best bet is to find a picture of one you want to build and copy it. The features have changed quite a bit and still change often as technology and tactics change.

Good luck on it and let me know if you have any more questions.
retiredyank
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
AeroScale: 79 posts
Posted: Monday, February 14, 2011 - 07:16 PM UTC
Thanks for the info Gino.
auger0_0
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 53 posts
AeroScale: 50 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 20, 2011 - 09:18 AM UTC
Hi, I am currently putting together info for an MH serial 26196, if you would like the info I have PM me, photo's, links, manuals and the like.

Regards Simon
 _GOTOTOP