_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
FEATURE
Eduard interview
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
AeroScale: 2,225 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - 05:26 AM UTC
Here is an interview by Jean-Luc Formery of Jan Zdiarsky of Eduard, made during the 2011 edition of the International Toy Fair in Nürnberg.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
warreni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
AeroScale: 2,201 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - 08:30 AM UTC
The Mig-21 is a difficult shape? You must be kidding Mr Eduard! That is one of the poorest excuses I have heard for the delay in the release of a model. Wonder what the real reason is?
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - 11:28 AM UTC
MIG 21? Where are the 1:48

Nieuport 21-27?

Sopwith Triplane reissue with Brassin?

Sopwith Snipe or Salamander?

Fokker V.4 - 29?

PE / Brassin German or Allied bomb racks !

Oh my lanmtations of Early Aviation being marooned with such abandon! Woe is us. My heart is broken assunder. How shall we survive?

(too over the top?)
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - 05:38 PM UTC
Hello Warren,

Quoted Text

The Mig-21 is a difficult shape? You must be kidding Mr Eduard! That is one of the poorest excuses I have heard for the delay in the release of a model. Wonder what the real reason is?

"The Mig-21 is a difficult shape?" aren't the words used in the interview. We spoke of "design" which is something a little different. Take a look at the Eduard Facebook page (link in the article) and you will see what I mean.

I don't think we can blame a manufacturer for trying to get the best possible model kit on the market...!? Eduard isn't searching for excuses (they haven't done something wrong yet) but are trying to inform their customers which is something few manufacturers do.

I'm happy that my hard work on the interview was of interest for you. You can't imagine you pleased I am to receive answers like yours after hours of work...

Jean-Luc
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 12:16 AM UTC
Hi again,

Quoted Text

You can't imagine you pleased I am to receive answers like yours after hours of work...

It should read "You can't imagine how pleased I am to receive answers like yours after hours of work... "

Sorry, it was early in the morning when I wrote the above text. By the way, has the edit function been disabled once again?

Jean-Luc
 _GOTOTOP