Hosted by Rowan Baylis
My first for 2011 finished!
matrixone
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 869 posts
AeroScale: 862 posts
Posted: Friday, February 18, 2011 - 07:11 AM UTC
Just finished my 1/32 scale Hasegawa Fw 190D-9, I put this one in the markings of JG 4 and is the same aircraft featured on the cover of Jerry Crandall's first Dora book.
The model was built O.O.B. except for the decals which came from EagleCals.

Matrixone
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Friday, February 18, 2011 - 12:19 PM UTC
Very nicelt done ! Your pics are also most excellent
MrMtnMauler
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 224 posts
AeroScale: 223 posts
Posted: Friday, February 18, 2011 - 01:20 PM UTC
Really nice looking Dora, well built! What did you use to simulate the mud splatters? They match the photos extremely well. I enjoy WW II Luftwaffe offerings to this page so thanks for the treat. Jim
matrixone
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
Posted: Friday, February 18, 2011 - 02:38 PM UTC
Thank you very much Terri and Jim!

Jim,
As you can tell I studied the photographs in the book very closely and even used some of the same camera angles in my model pics, for the few mud splatters I mixed up some dirt colored paint and put them on with a fine pointed brush. This aircraft was pretty clean when it was captured, my next Dora will be very dirty and mud spattered because I am doing the well known ''blue 12'' W.Nr.500570. Below is an in-progress pic of that model.

This model has its decals on now.

Matrixone
Automaton
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 153 posts
AeroScale: 139 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 19, 2011 - 07:31 PM UTC
Your painting and photography are always top-notch, and this one is no exception. I like it a lot.

Regards;

Automaton
matrixone
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
Posted: Sunday, February 20, 2011 - 05:30 AM UTC
Thanks Automaton,
This model was a lot of fun to make, the mottling on the fuselage was harder to do than expected, not because painting mottles with my airbrush is difficult for me to do, I was trying very hard to get each mottle on the model to match those seen on the full sized aircraft. In this I was only partly successful, I came close but did not get an exact match.
My new Dora W.Nr.500570 (blue 12)I think will be a little better at matching the look of the full size machine, all markings are on it now and after hand painting some of the details such as the red oxide primer repairs this model is shaping up nicely, I should have it finished in another week.

Matrixone
vulkanizer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 144 posts
AeroScale: 109 posts
Posted: Monday, February 21, 2011 - 10:51 AM UTC
Amazing work on dora ,truly inspiring photos,I can not wait to see next one finished
matrixone
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
Posted: Monday, February 21, 2011 - 01:17 PM UTC
Thanks dani!

While its a little way off from getting done, here is my next Dora after the decals have been put on. I have started the weathering process and it looks a bit different now.

Matrixone
 _GOTOTOP