_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
FEATURE
Nürnberg Toy Fair 2011
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Monday, February 21, 2011 - 08:39 AM UTC
For all of us not lucky enough to be able to attend the show, Jean-Luc takes us on a guided tour of the Nürnberg Toy Fair, looking at the latest releases from the aircraft kit manufacturers.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
robot_
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 719 posts
AeroScale: 691 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 03:01 AM UTC
Thanks for taking the considerable time to put this together Jean-Luc- I enjoyed reading the news from all the companies.

As you say, not much coming from Japan at the moment, but there are a few interesting subjects being covered- the Sunderland for one. Did you find out for sure if the Italeri Sunderland Mk.I is based on the same moulds as the future MPM (I think they said theirs will be a Mk.III)?
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 05:42 AM UTC
Hi Ben,

Thank you for the kind words. And thanks to Rowan for making the article live. Uploading all the pictures wasn't a piece of cake for sure!

The Italeri Sunderland won't be the MPM tool apparently.

Jean-Luc
litespeed
Staff MemberNews Reporter
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,976 posts
AeroScale: 1,789 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 06:30 AM UTC
Well done Jean-Luc, some great stuff there to look forward to.
All the best.
tim
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 08:26 AM UTC
Hi there

I'll be really interested to see ICM's takes on the Polikarpov I-153 and I-16 in 1:48, because their 1:72 I-15bis is a lovely little kit. For the same reason, I was really hoping they'd scale up their He-70, so I have rather mixed feelings that AZ Model have announced one.

Like Jean-Luc, I'll definitely want to grab Mirage's PZL P.43 - perhaps they might be tempted to do the P.46 too? (I think I've still got an unbuilt Polish vacuform kit of that tucked away somewhere.) And as for the Roden Staggerwing... I want!

All the best

Rowan
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 02:52 AM UTC
Hi all

Great report Jean-Luc! my favorites are Zvezdas Su-2 and Haulers Ba-64 (though I also like Tamiyas Pz.IIc). I do expect more stuff from Hasegawa and/or Tamiya at Shizuoka in May ... though Hasegawas MaK stuff is very popular and the "Großer Hund" announcement the the most clicked picture in my galleries! so I think this is one of the major news from Nuremberg.

I got to say many thanks to J-L for being such a nice guy ... I really hope our November trip will work out!

all the best

Steffen
 _GOTOTOP