_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Another WWII fighter finished
matrixone
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 869 posts
AeroScale: 862 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 - 06:53 AM UTC
Here is my second 1/32 scale Hasegawa Fw 190D-9 I built this year.

This one is painted and marked as the well known ''blue 12'' W.Nr.500570 of JG 6, there are several photographs of this aircraft in Vol. 1 of Jerry Crandall's Dora book.
I used Model Master enamels and my Iwata Revolution BR airbrush to paint this model, markings came from EagleCals.

Matrixone
GastonMarty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 595 posts
AeroScale: 507 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2011 - 08:52 AM UTC

Not my scale but an absolutely superb build in every way... I usually loathe 1/32 scale in general, for praticality issues in the subjects I like (and the corresponding steep downturn in the already low 1/48th output), but I felt compelled to comment here... I am also perplexed to be the first to do so after two days...

Gaston

Automaton
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 153 posts
AeroScale: 139 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2011 - 10:26 AM UTC
I like everything about it, Les, up to your normal superb standard. Something I noticed is the thought you put into weathering the exhausts, with the rear ones stained by gasses emitted from the front ones.

Regards;

Automaton
matrixone
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 869 posts
AeroScale: 862 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2011 - 12:47 PM UTC
Thanks Gaston and Automaton!

Gaston,
I don't build very many 1/32 scale models mainly because of not enough shelf space, I prefer 1/48 scale. The 1/48 scale models are just about right to me since they don't take up too much space but yet have a fair amount of detail.

Automaton,
Glad you noticed the exhaust stub weathering, I studied the photographs of the real plane to get a better idea how to weather them on the model. There are plenty of photographs of ''blue 12'' in Jerry Crandall's first Dora book and also in the JaPo Fw 190D-9 book.

Matrixone
 _GOTOTOP