_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
Airfix 1:48 Sepecat Jaguar Progress
SteveJWilliams
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 43 posts
AeroScale: 43 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 13, 2011 - 05:16 AM UTC
Started this today, but waiting for my NeOmega Resin cockpit to arrive for it i cracked on with a few jobs I could beforehand

Sprayed the main colour, but this time i cant spray the stuff on the sprues first due to the cammo that i will have to add, so i have loosely assembled the main body of the plane, this isnt stuck together properly just held by small dots of glue at points, all this will have to come apart again after i have sprayed the darker colour of the cammo to fit the cockpit when it arrives

iv found a new technique of using the plastic glue as a filler, and i have used it on the engine intakes ducts and some parts near the bottom edges of the plane, as you can see this has pretty much got rid of the panel gaps in these areas, its not amazingly perfect but better then glueing and running lol

Also cutout one of the masks for the cammo

more soon
SteveJWilliams
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, March 13, 2011 - 08:25 AM UTC
weathering and panel gap detailing done, was going to wait until id painted on the cammo bits but figured they would be too dark to actually show weathering anyway

Littorio
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
AeroScale: 1,351 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 13, 2011 - 10:26 AM UTC
Looking good Steve, I'm building a conversion at the moment from this kit.

One thing you will need to look at, the two doors on the sides of the intakes should be closed unless the engines are running.
SteveJWilliams
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2011 - 09:14 AM UTC
cool thanks for the tip

got a lot of the cammo done, still need to do the tail wing pieces and needs touching up here and there

reminder about what livery im going for

vanize
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,954 posts
AeroScale: 1,163 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 10:52 AM UTC
how is it that you can assemble and paint the fuselage before having the cockpit?
 _GOTOTOP