_GOTOBOTTOM
Start Here (for Beginners)
This forum is for younger modelers or people just starting out in the hobby.
Italeri's JU87-B build log
jnorman55
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17 posts
AeroScale: 16 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 - 10:15 AM UTC
This is my third build since returning to modelling. I used to make 1:72 airfix kits as a kid, then blow them up with bangers soon after completion! I'm older and a bit wiser now and have got much pleasure from taking up modelling again.

I have decided to start with the BoB aircraft and am sticking to 1:48. I have finished a Spitfire MkI and am in the middle of painting Adolf Galland's Me 109. The Stuka is next, to be followed by a Hurricane and finally an He 111. I am trying to achieve as high a standard as I can, and am constantly thinking about how do the best job. I would appreciate any advice and comments, good and bad, as I go along.

I am about to start Italeri's 1:48 BoB JU-87. It looks like a good kit, including some photo-etched bits, which I've never used before. I've primed the cockpit parts and am about to paint them RLM 2. Am using Tamiya paints which seem to work well for me. I would try to get hold of Gunze if I could, but cant seem to find any in the UK. Is this true?

While I'm starting the cockpit, here are some pics of the Spitfire. I am pleased with it, but forgot the cardinal rule with weathering. Less is more. When putting the finishing touches on it, spraying what a thought was a fine layer of watered down black to make it look as if it had seen some action, I managed to overspray it, making it look as if it had been covered in soot from a hangar fire. Anyway....

Removed by original poster on 03/16/11 - 22:20:14 (GMT).
jnorman55
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17 posts
AeroScale: 16 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 - 10:23 AM UTC
Oops, try again

_GOTOTOP