_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
AC-130u?
charging_rhinos
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 89 posts
AeroScale: 11 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 - 02:22 PM UTC
Hello to all. Hope all is well and you're busy painting styrene.

As the title suggests, I'm in the market for an AC-130u. Preferably in 1/72 scale, since the space allotted me by my better half is rather limited I understand that Airfix, AMT ESCI, etc have made 1/72 U-variants in the past, but they are getting super hard to find, not to mention expensive when I can find them. I'm fine with some scratch building as that's required for accuracy with pretty much any U-boat out there. I'm starting to see three paths forming in front of me:

1) Buy an old kit like the Italeri or Airfix online for a lot of money and start scratch building everything. Anyone have a kit they want to part with for some cash?

2) Wait to see if Italeri modifies their new A kit into a U ( anyone know when/if that'll happen?)

3) Buy a regular Italeri C-130E/H and start a mountain of scratch building

Anyone have any insight on these options? Has anyone tried any of them and had success/failures? Are some kits just not worth getting at any price? I'm pretty set on building a U-boat before they are completely revamped and converted into the new pig-nose MC-130s without that awesome 105 cannon...
Thanks much in advance. Best wishes.
 _GOTOTOP