_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Help, part for 1/32 He 162 wanted.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 06:01 AM UTC
I am building the Revell 1/32 scale He162 Salamander, and excellant kit and it was going well. That is until I discovered that I have 2 parts the same for the fins. One of these was loose in the box so I guess that they are prone to falling off the sprues as someone, kindly, put it in the poly bag, only they are handed and I now have 2 the same ( and someone else will as well)

The part that I require is the port inner fin part 50.

If you can help that would be great if not I'll contact Revell.

Thanks
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, March 18, 2011 - 06:37 PM UTC
Having checked I'm not able to get the part from Revell. To get for spare parts you need to send the serial number off the box (cut out) no problem, but you also need to send the original instruction sheet and the receipt. I don't have the receipt anymore (Ibought the kit some time ago) and the instructions that I now have are a PDF file thanks to a fellow IPMS member as they had disapeared when I packed up my stuff to move. I could get a receipt as a mate owns a model shop but, unless someone can send me an actual set of instructions, my only option is to buy another kit! Or does anyone know who imports Revell kits into the UK?
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Friday, March 18, 2011 - 11:58 PM UTC
Hi Mal

Wow - you used to have to jumps through so many hoops to get a replacement part from Revell.

I do have the kit (and the instructions, I hope...), but it's buried deep in a pile of packing cases among all the stuff from my move away from London. I can't guarantee being able to dig it out it any time soon.

Hopefully someone else has one more easily accessible?...

All the best

Rowan
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 05:37 AM UTC
Hi rowan,
Thanks, don't worry, I'll sort this out one way or another. It's a model that I could finish easily for my trade stand at Scale Modelworld and I was reminded about it having recently produced some masks for a 1/48 version.
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 07:39 PM UTC
Hi Mal

I'll have a look through the boxes I can get to - you never know, I might strike gold.

All the best

Rowan
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 08:03 PM UTC
Thanks Rowan, but don't go mad, If I can find out who the importer is I will try and contact them and plead my case. I understand Revell's policy for spare parts but the fact that they weigh the boxes to confirm that the kit is complete is a bit flawed. My 1/48 He111 kit was missing a complete sprue but it had 2 of the same sprues. I sent off for the missing sprue, (Original instructions, receipt and serial number, cut off the box). I actually only needed the transparent parts to end up with 2 complete kits. I received the required sprue and the instructions were returned. I won't mention what I did about the clear parts

The He 162 would have been the correct weight but it is still unbuildable. If all else fails I will have a word with Revell at Telford. You never know they might take pity on me. That gives me another idea; I could ask Ray, my mate who owns a model shop in Worksop, to ask the Revell rep. You never know, fingers crossed.
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 08:25 PM UTC
Hi Mal

You could always send them a photo of the duplicate parts.

All the best

Rowan
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2011 - 05:44 AM UTC
Yep, I already have that sorted thanks
 _GOTOTOP