_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Importing/Adding Photos to Threads
lcarroll
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,032 posts
AeroScale: 1,025 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 04:02 AM UTC
I have a KoTS Thread started (Roden Albatros DIII by lcarroll) however am having no end of trouble and frustration adding photos. Over the past several days I have shrunk all my photos using the IrfanView Program creating 3 different "size" files plus originals and now have succeeded in getting the ones I need to insert (for now) into "My Photos" (some also ended up in my Gallery)
My problem is no amount of effort will allow me to insert / move them from My Photos to the thread. I did succeed with the intro shot however somehow managed to lose it later.
Can anyone refer me to a thread, article, or whatever for a marginally skilled old guy that provides a step by step procedure for this function? Even if someone could take a few minutes to type out a checklist procedure (believe it or not I used to fly jets !?!) I would be forever grateful.
Getting mighty frustrated with this, for me , massive roadblock. It's cutting into my building time and raising my blood pressure!
Appreciate all the help I can get.

Thanks,
Lance
mtnflyer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 394 posts
AeroScale: 360 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 04:39 AM UTC
Hi Lance. I'm well familiar with the headache you can acquire playing with these PC's. I've actually lost it once and thrown one against the wall.

I'm not familiar with InfraView, and think you should have gone with PhotoBucket. Very simple to use, and an excellent free warehouse for your photos.

I do this: 1. Greate files in my desktop Documents for each subject I what to keep. eg. Campaigns
2. Set up free PhotoBucket account and create Albums. eg. Campaigns; Plastic Models, etc.
3. Upload photos from your computers Documents files into the appropriate album in PhotoBucket using the Buckets "Upload Now' icon.
4. Edit, size, and label your photos using PhotoBucket
5. Click on the photo your working with, and a graph will appear showing 4 slots; Email &IM, Direct Link, HTML Code, and IMG Code. Now, I have no idea what that all means. I just know that if you click on the IMG Code, the photo copys and you can paste it onto your AeroScale Post.

I'm certain that you can upload all your photos to PhotoBucket, no matter where you are presently storing them. I just find it easier to gather them all up into either Documents or Pictures on your PC.

Hope this helps. I'm anchious to see some photos. Guy
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 04:41 AM UTC
Greetings Lance.

See your KotS thread I have tried to answer your questions there.
lcarroll
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 09:59 AM UTC
Guy,
I'll be giving Stevens directions a try shortly however will also be setting up a Photo Bucket Account........looks a lot easier to use then the IrfanView system (also free) Thanks for the info, proof will be in the photos once on the thread!

Cheers,
Lance
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 12:34 PM UTC
Also make sure there are no gaps in the url text. if you leave a gap in the photo id # next to .jpg when uploading to gallery, it will let the system add another digit so instead of 023 you get 0231.
lcarroll
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2011 - 02:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Lance. I'm well familiar with the headache you can acquire playing with these PC's. I've actually lost it once and thrown one against the wall.

I'm not familiar with InfraView, and think you should have gone with PhotoBucket. Very simple to use, and an excellent free warehouse for your photos.

I do this: 1. Greate files in my desktop Documents for each subject I what to keep. eg. Campaigns
2. Set up free PhotoBucket account and create Albums. eg. Campaigns; Plastic Models, etc.
3. Upload photos from your computers Documents files into the appropriate album in PhotoBucket using the Buckets "Upload Now' icon.
4. Edit, size, and label your photos using PhotoBucket
5. Click on the photo your working with, and a graph will appear showing 4 slots; Email &IM, Direct Link, HTML Code, and IMG Code. Now, I have no idea what that all means. I just know that if you click on the IMG Code, the photo copys and you can paste it onto your AeroScale Post.

I'm certain that you can upload all your photos to PhotoBucket, no matter where you are presently storing them. I just find it easier to gather them all up into either Documents or Pictures on your PC.

Hope this helps. I'm anchious to see some photos. Guy

Guy & Steven,
One more thank you to you both. I tried several methods however am now sailing along very nicely using the Photobucket system per Guy's and Keith Graveson's recommendations. If, like me, you are Info Technology challenged I highly recommend this system. Still lots to learn; file size, technique etc. however I'm ecstatic that I can now produce a thread with photos where I want them in just a few simple steps. My KoTS entry is now starting to look like the others, if you ignore the numerous whines and pleas for help at the front end.
I am a happy and more complete modeler as a result of what makes this site so great........good folks who help and have lots to pass on.

Cheers,
Lance
 _GOTOTOP