Modern aircraft of the United States.
F-22 Qs from an armor guy
Wakemeup
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Napoli, Italy
KitMaker: 880 posts
AeroScale: 4 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 23, 2011 - 05:21 AM UTC
Hi all,my name is Ciro and I'm an armor guy.I want to do an F-22 and I'm reading here and there the reviews about that brand and that scale and that am set and so on about the F-22 but I'm a bit confused so:

I want to do an accurate model but I don't want go so deep using surgery or extreme modifications on the kit.
So...to depict a correct model with an accurancy of 90% which is the best solution?!

I mean....for example in 1/72:

Revell F-22 + eduard exterior/interior set + masks + other am set

For me it's not so important the scale so if the "right solution"is in 1/48 it's not a problem.Feel free to add your comment or opinions of the various solutions and if it's possible the tweaks list for model that you have elected the "best solution"or ......if this topic is a "re-post" please write here links to previous discussions.

Thank you to all
Ciro Riccio

Tojo72
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
AeroScale: 238 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 23, 2011 - 09:31 AM UTC
I built the Hasegawa 1/48 kit which really is a great kit.I followed a blog by keeper of soulsjustin McCracken found on this forum,just put F-22 in the search feature.it really is a pretty complete kit,I believe he just added a new seat,but it builds up pretty good OOB also.check it out.
ViperEnforcer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 204 posts
AeroScale: 202 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 24, 2011 - 01:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi all,my name is Ciro and I'm an armor guy.I want to do an F-22 and I'm reading here and there the reviews about that brand and that scale and that am set and so on about the F-22 but I'm a bit confused so:

I want to do an accurate model but I don't want go so deep using surgery or extreme modifications on the kit.
So...to depict a correct model with an accurancy of 90% which is the best solution?!

I mean....for example in 1/72:

Revell F-22 + eduard exterior/interior set + masks + other am set

For me it's not so important the scale so if the "right solution"is in 1/48 it's not a problem.Feel free to add your comment or opinions of the various solutions and if it's possible the tweaks list for model that you have elected the "best solution"or ......if this topic is a "re-post" please write here links to previous discussions.

Thank you to all
Ciro Riccio

Are you wanting to build a 72nd or 48th F-22?
In 72nd scale, there are 3 players: Revell/ROG, Fujimi, and Academy. It’s a close call between the latter two, but overall Academy is the more accurate F-22.
In 48th, there are only 2 worthwhile contenders; Hasegawa and Academy
As far as shape accuracy goes, Hasegawa is it in 48th, but it’s exaggerated raised LO surface detail is a major complaint among. Academy puts out as well tooled 48th F-22, but it has some shape and accuracy issues. The nose/radome is too short/blunt, vertical tails too short, and the stabs are too thin. The separate canopy and canopy frame do not fit well.

Corrected stabs, tails, and nose will soon be available, if the AcademyF-22 becomes yours, or any other modeler’s 48th Raptor choice.

Mike V
 _GOTOTOP