_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Gone West WWI Aviation Author, P.G.Cooksley.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2011 - 04:31 PM UTC
I just found this on another forum.

"Peter Cooksley served both on the executive Commitees of the Croydon Airport Society and of Cross and Cocklade International, being also an associate of the Royal Historical Society. He co-operated with such aviation noteables as Bruce Robertson and occasionally J.M Bruce and John Taylor. His books have almost exclusively concentrated on aviation - all this beginning from writing for model and historical aviation magazines from the age of 15. He has occasionally acted as film consultant. Peter Cooksley was an experienced horseman a keen photographer and an artist, and had a deep interest in Surrey where he lived. He was born on 1st March 1927, and has written 20 or more detailed books on the subject of WWI Aviation and craft and their history, including Technical data. He will be sadly missed by all who knew him."

I had the pleasure of corresponding with him many times. Good Fellow, tremendous historian and a Gentleman. Blue Skies Peter.
RAGIII
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 604 posts
AeroScale: 600 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2011 - 06:56 AM UTC
IMy thoughts and prayers to his family! I did not realize how many of his works I had until someone listed his contributions to the squadron in Action series. He will indeed be missed by all enthusiasts.
RAGIII
 _GOTOTOP