_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
BAe Hawk T.Mk.I - Airfix 1/48
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 01, 2011 - 12:00 AM UTC
Hi all

you have maybe seen that I bought some stuff for the kit recently (in the postman thread).

Well as I am really short on time I squeeze in some minutes every day, but still there is some progress already. As you might guess there is a lot of sawing, grinding and sanding involved to fit all the stuff in. Also the Airfix plastic is pretty thick so the trailing edges of the wing need to be thinned...

Here is an overview of the thing just "sticked" together. Though it looks advanced there still is a lot to do especially in the cockpit.

all the best

Steffen

Blueheeler
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 347 posts
AeroScale: 223 posts
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2011 - 02:33 PM UTC
Almost missed this one Steffan! Looks like it is going to be an interesting build and always a fan of your ones. Out of curiosity, what is the base kit like? Always been turned off by Airfix, think it is their plastic and lack of detail. Keep the updates rolling!

alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2011 - 09:06 AM UTC
Hi Nick

many thanks! I try to keep the thread updated but I only have very small progress every day so there will not be much photos as I do not think that it's so interesting to most.
The kit is rather basic but what I have heard the shape is better than the Italeri.

The Two Mikes full depth intakes are nice and I will probably also use their upper part for that section even if it has severe blemishes in the air outlets ... in the pix is the part from the CMK cockpit set, but it does not fit that good. Next thing is to build up the pit, but thats something I do not really like (esp. painting it).
I also have the Eduard MiG-21MF in the works and I guess I will jump on that project again as I finished some fiddly parts over the past weeks)

all the best

Steffen
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 08:54 AM UTC
Hi Steffen

I agree with Nick - this looks set to be a very interesting project. I look forward to seeing how you progress once you really get stuck in.

All the best

Rowan
 _GOTOTOP