_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
Just a few cheese heads brainstorming
flyboy92187
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 199 posts
AeroScale: 150 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2011 - 05:20 PM UTC
So, some of us fellow beer drinking winter shorts wearing chest scratchers from the great state of Wisconsin have been spit balling some ideas, and we thought to see if there is any interest, or suggestions. 1.) every summer we get the joy of having one of the worlds largest air shows in our state. So, one idea is to have an airventure themed build. For those who have not heard of this aviation mecca, simply go to www.airventure.org. Such a build would be wide open, meaning anything is fair game from general aviation, warbirds, balloons, fixed wing, ultralight, blimps... etc. Or, as it is also scheduled to be a Tier I event for the Centennial of American Naval Aviation, that is another idea. 2.) Paint currently serving aircraft in their special Centennial paint schemes. Examples of this can be found here:

http://airpigz.com/blog/2011/1/19/navy-skins-retro-paint-for-2011-centennial-of-naval-aviation.html

Feel free to chip in thoughts. As you can see by my profile, I am rather new to the site and have no experience in managing, or really doing anything in terms of leading a group build. So, this is primarily a probing idea.
 _GOTOTOP