_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
Tamiya P-51D 1/48
CanDid
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 123 posts
AeroScale: 98 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 07, 2011 - 04:25 AM UTC
Here is a few pictures of my latest build, a Swedish Air Force P-51D Mustang, called J26 in Sweden.

The build of this aircraft was a real pleasure as Tamiyas kit comes together beautifully. The add-ons to the kit is Eduard Photo etch for the cockpit, Prop Blurs and Decals from Flying Colours together with a few scratch built parts.

I used Alclad II paints for this one. It was my first build using this type of colours and my opinion is that they really are a pleasure to work with. The saying that one really need to prepare the surface is a true fact, every mistake is enhanced. Blemishes in the paint can not be blamed on the colours, only to the builder.

This particular aircraft was Gul (Yellow) Johan and belonged to the 3rd Flight of the 4th Wing, Jämtland Wing.

Thank you for watching and happy modelling
//Fredrik
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 09:24 PM UTC
Very nice indeed. Russell
CanDid
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 123 posts
AeroScale: 98 posts
Posted: Monday, May 30, 2011 - 07:56 AM UTC
The tail of 26132, Gul Johan, can be seen at Jämtlands Flyg och Lottamuseum, a museum dedicated to F4 Wing http://www.flygochlotta.se/index.asp.

It is pretty much the only part that still is in one piece. This Mustang crashed after a spin in August 1949, killing the pilot.
Buckeye198
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 596 posts
AeroScale: 197 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 27, 2011 - 06:27 PM UTC
Cool subject! I hear that Tamiya's Mustang is one of the best fitting kits out there, and you rarely see these birds in Swedish livery. Props are cool and the grass works well, but I think you could use a subtle wash in the panel lines. In some of the pictures, the lines look washed, and in others, they look clean. Maybe it's just the pictures, I'm not sure. Either way, well done!
Keeperofsouls2099
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 2,798 posts
AeroScale: 2,443 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 28, 2011 - 03:15 AM UTC
Love what you did over all nice build good exhaust stains and chipping work the spinning prop completes the build good job
 _GOTOTOP