Hosted by Rowan Baylis
High speed Focke-Wulf fighter
matrixone
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 869 posts
AeroScale: 862 posts
Posted: Friday, May 27, 2011 - 07:34 AM UTC
Here is my recently finished Focke-Wulf Ta 283 I built from the Huma kit, this model was built O.O.B. except for the decals which were of very low quality I chose not to use them and instead used decals from spares box.

This model was painted with Model Master enamels shot through my Iwata Revolution BR airbrush, the camouflage pattern was painted free handed, only the tactical markings were masked and then painted.

Matrixone
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Friday, May 27, 2011 - 08:06 AM UTC
Very neat build there. You've got to love those Luftwaffe designs that didn't quite make it! Good job. Russell
matrixone
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
Posted: Friday, May 27, 2011 - 01:21 PM UTC
Thank you Russell!

Most of the Focke-Wulf designs I like but this one stood little chance of actually working, but it does look rather exotic.

Matrixone
NickZour
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 1,437 posts
AeroScale: 1,241 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 28, 2011 - 05:27 AM UTC
Wow, that's strange! It reminds me of the dragster cars
Nice & clean job Mr. Les

Cheers Nick
matrixone
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
Posted: Saturday, May 28, 2011 - 05:50 AM UTC
Thanks for looking Nick!

I agree, this design has the look of a top fuel dragster.

Matrixone
MikeMx
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 649 posts
AeroScale: 434 posts
Posted: Monday, May 30, 2011 - 09:32 PM UTC
Top Notch stuff! I'm jus finishing off my Ta152C, which would look at home sat next to that.

thanks
Mike
matrixone
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 07:18 AM UTC
Thanks very much Mike!

Which Ta 152C kit are you working on?

Matrixone
MikeMx
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 03:15 AM UTC
It's the Hobby Boss one.

Not a bad kit but the stupid transfers of the white dashed lines have died a death. I've got about half of them on the wings but I'm now missing the other bits, so won't be able to complete it until I can get more white dashed lines.

thanks
Mike
chukw1
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 817 posts
AeroScale: 729 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 03:44 AM UTC
That looks so "Buck Rogers"! Cheers, Les- Love that camo.

chuk
matrixone
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 07:22 AM UTC
Thanks for looking chukw!
Since this is such an unusual design I wanted a camouflage pattern for this plane that was something other than the normal splinter/mottling that most Luftwaffe aircraft used so I came up with a variation of the splinter theme.

Mike,
I have not yet tried one of those HobbyBoss Ta 152Cs, last year I built the Dragon Ta 152C kit and liked it but was not happy about having to cut the old nose off the fuselage and graft on the new nose. The HobbyBoss kit looks like it comes with the correct nose to start with.
Sorry to learn about your problems with the decals from your kit. If you can do it, get the EagleCals Ta 152C decal sheet, its excellent. I used the EagleCals sheet on my Ta 152C and they worked perfectly, also they give you some extra markings too.

Matrixone
MikeMx
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 11:15 AM UTC
Thanks, someone said they'll send me some spare stencilling from a FW190 with the dashed white lines, so hopefully that will sort it.

I have no idea if the nose is correct or not, the top decking looks a bit different to a FW190D, so I guess it could be correct. I just fancied building something German in 1/48 and we had them in stock. Pretty easy straight forward build too, I can certainly recommend it from that point of view. I don't like the wheels though, I'm going to get True Details replacement ones for it.

We're getting into stocking the Eduard 1/48 FW190's and I'm impressed so far with what you get in the kits. We got the FW190F-8, so much ordnance! I fancy one of them with panzerblitz rockets.

thanks
Mike
matrixone
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2011 - 05:39 AM UTC
Mike,
Thanks for letting me know the HobbyBoss kit is an easy to build kit.
The radiator in both the Dragon and HobbyBoss kits is wrong and that would be hard to correct without a resin replacement.

The reason I suggested the EagleCal sheet is because they have some of the best wing walk markings and they supply enough extra to do at least two aircraft.

Matrixone
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2011 - 02:49 PM UTC
Another great build from you, Les. As usual the photography is outstanding and matches your building skills.

Thanks for sharing
MikeMx
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, June 03, 2011 - 04:02 AM UTC
No worries Les.

I can't say the Ta152 is entirely accurate but it looks like one to me, couple that with the cheap cost, good detailing and ease to build, means it's a worthwhile kit to build.

The only thing is that when you look in the wheel well you can see inside the fuselage, not sure that is right but thats the only thing obvious to me.

Thanks for the transfer recommendation though, I might have done that if someone hadn't said they'll send me what I need for nothing!

thanks
Mike

matrixone
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
Posted: Friday, June 03, 2011 - 04:53 AM UTC
Jesper,
Thanks for looking and for the comments!

Mike,
I have several of the Dragon Ta 152C kits and would like to get at least one of the new HobbyBoss kits, I don't plan to fix the radiator problem on any of them but it sure would have been nice if they came with the correct radiator to begin with.

Here is my Dragon Ta 152C I built late last year.

Matrixone
MikeMx
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, June 03, 2011 - 08:24 AM UTC
Excellent work again. I like the photography and setting too, it almost looks real in all the pics so far.

thanks
Mike
 _GOTOTOP