_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Memorial Day
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Monday, May 30, 2011 - 12:54 PM UTC
Just wanted to say a word about Memorial Day which is today in the United States. I know that on this site and the other related sites, we as modelers and as historians, remember the great sacrifice which has been made on our part and the part of generations to come. May the sacrifice of those who went before us never be repeated. May our respective countries remember what has been paid for our freedom and the freedoms of others. Sometimes I think that words such as freedom and sacrifice are used loosely by those who have little connection to the events. So many of us on Aeroscale have had people in our lives which served in the military; like my dad. Frank R. Anderson who served in the 4th Marine Division and left this Earth seven years back. Thinking of you today dad, I miss you still. You taught me the value of learning and the value of quiet patriotism where educating those that follow about those who preceded is the greatest memorial of all.

Bigrip74
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,026 posts
AeroScale: 2,811 posts
Posted: Monday, May 30, 2011 - 03:41 PM UTC
Well said Russell, well said.

Bob
Keeperofsouls2099
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 2,798 posts
AeroScale: 2,443 posts
Posted: Monday, May 30, 2011 - 03:48 PM UTC
Thank you Russell and thanks to all the men and woman of the military world wide.I appreciate the fact of being able to sit on my front porch with a glass of tea with the flag waving above my head.
 _GOTOTOP