_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
First Italian Fieseler Fi-156 Storch
kamikaze
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Romania
KitMaker: 102 posts
AeroScale: 6 posts
Posted: Friday, June 03, 2011 - 06:59 AM UTC
Hi everybody! This is my first post on aeroscale, I'm not doing planes usually. But I do watch this site and I saw some amazing builds. I'm asking for your help, I would be very happy if someone could help me. I have the 1/32 Fieseler Fi-156 Storch from Hasegawa and I decided to make the Storch that was given by H.Goering to General Italo Balbo in 38/39. So far I know it was registered as I-ULIA ( in german service D-IGZN). I saw only one profile of this plane. My questions are:
1. Did it wore the registration code like the german planes ( fuselage sides and both sides of the wing)?
2. Were the letters from the code outlined in white?
3. What colour was it painted on the outside? ( I presume the interior was still RLM 02)
Thank you very much in advance, any other detail is welcomed.
kamikaze
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Romania
Posted: Monday, June 06, 2011 - 05:48 PM UTC
Because nobody seems to have any info on this subject, I will post the only images I have of this plane, maybe it helps. The profile is from " Fieseler Fi-156 in italian service" by Maurizio Di Terlizzi and the photo is from "Dimensione cielo - aerei italiani nella 2ª guerra mondiale nº 11". And now I'm puzzled . In the picture I don't see the italian flag on the rudder and also, no markings on the underside of the wing. What is the correct version? Any help appreciated. Thank you.

Mario13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 4 posts
AeroScale: 3 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 03:40 PM UTC
I tried to research the same subject a few years ago for the same purpose and came up with not much more than you have. I did find this profile somewhere on the web but cannot remember where exactly.

The profile in Maurizio's book with the Italian colours on the fin and the red shadow shading of the registration letters does not match the photo; not to say that it wasn't added later.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

kamikaze
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Romania
Posted: Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 01:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Thank you very much, every info is good. I also saw the differences between the profile and the photo and of course I trust the photo. But I really like the look of the rudder with the italian colours on ( I think I will put them). As for the letters, I will make the outline in white. Another personal interpretation here: http://www.modellismopiu.it/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=22386&forum=102&start=0&viewmode=flat&order=0
And another photo:
In this photo you can see the unusual oil cooler ( maybe early type??).
 _GOTOTOP