_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
REVIEW
Lieutenant der Reserve Werner Voss
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 05:06 PM UTC

The story of Ltn. Werner Voss is well known to almost anyone who studies World War I aviation subjects. The main thrust of this work (as the author has stated) is to gather into one place all the facts and myths about Voss and allow the reader to take the study further. It has taken me several months to gather this review together. Mostly because there is a large amount of info to cover and I am listed as a reference in the book, so I want to get this right.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
lcarroll
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,032 posts
AeroScale: 1,025 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 10:28 AM UTC
Stephen,

I recieved the copy I ordered as a gift for my Son a few days ago and just had to take a few hours to sample the product. Your Review is bang on to my thoughts; an awful lot of info but,at first attempt, difficult to sort through.

Having said that I'll probably order one for myself; it's an absolute treasure trove of information and Mr. Crean has obviously worked long and hard on the project. As stated this book is a true labour of love and he has spared no effort to put it together. If, like me, you enjoy just surfing around reference material in your leisure time this book is well worth the investment. The author has gathered an enormous amount of information presented by some truly outstanding researchers and the recollections of first hand experiences of long departed participants in the Great War (some in opposition to the others) into one volume well worth reading. Drawing your own conclusions is half the fun and sharpens the appetite for even more info.
Good Review!
Cheers,
Lance

_GOTOTOP