Hosted by Rowan Baylis
ju 88 conversion
footsie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 305 posts
AeroScale: 7 posts
Posted: Friday, June 17, 2011 - 11:03 PM UTC
I'm about to start a conversion on the revell 1/32 ju 88a-1 to a ju 88-G6, what i would like to know is did any of the g series aircraft have both the guns and Ariel's fitted in the nose? and where the propellers made of wood or metal?

thanks in advance!
vanize
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,954 posts
AeroScale: 1,163 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 18, 2011 - 04:37 PM UTC
Gs did not have nose guns except for maybe a pre-series/prototype/G0 type of thing - certainly not any G6s

that's a lot of changes to go from an A1 to a G6! hope you have a conversion set.
footsie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, June 18, 2011 - 06:41 PM UTC
thanks for the info Vance' I'm using the aimsmodels G6 conversion set and liked the look of a nose full of weaponry' this is my first full on aircraft conversion ( i used to do Armour ) and want to get it right!.

thanks again.
Snorri23
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 514 posts
AeroScale: 244 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 18, 2011 - 07:26 PM UTC
It was the Ju 88c which had the gun nose, and some did have the belly pack of 20mm guns.the upward firing guns were either 2 or 4, and varied in placement. The conversion set should allow you to build an accurate Ju 88G-6. Waldemar Trojca did produce a two volume set on the 88, quite extensive with line drawings and such. Need any info just im me.
footsie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 12:47 AM UTC
aha! so they moved the guns from the nose into a pack fitted onto the belly, theres one more thing you maybe able to help me with Trevor' in the revell kit there's a mass of stenciling for the aircraft' would the stenciling also be on the G6? i have found some good pics but the quality isn't that good and doesn't really show much in the way of detail.

thanks..
Snorri23
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 514 posts
AeroScale: 244 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 03:57 PM UTC
I do not see why not, though the items related to the A model/ bomber version, torp may not be useful. Getting close to the end they just placed on the essential. The Kagero books are great resource as well. That is a three vol set. A.J press also did a few vol of said a/c. You know where to find me if you have any other questions. The flash of the guns hindered the pilot at night and the pack held 4 mg151. The g model used a lot from the 188. The gent who is building the 388 cast resin could also be of assistance. He is a genius in building his a/c. I can send you a photo of most things via e-mail.
footsie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 - 01:06 AM UTC
thanks very much for the info Trevor and i definitely will be asking for help as the build progresses.

cheers tony.
 _GOTOTOP